Sign in to follow this  
MissRune363

Raise low cGPA or focus on a high LSAT?

I have an extremely low cGPA because of a bad first year, right now it is about a 2.95 with an upwards trend and I just finished third year. My third year gpa is about a 3.7ish so I will only be applying to L2/B2 schools. Since I will only be eligible for L2 schools, would it be worth it to take additional summer classes to boost my cGPA a couple of decimal points or, would it be more worth it to dedicate my entire summer to studying for a high LSAT score that would help me overcome the low cGPA? I know schools like Western place an emphasis on L2, but they also don't ignore cGPA so that is why I'm confused about what to do and where more of my time should be focused right now as its the last summer before I graduate that I can take courses to boost my cGPA. 

Focus your energy on L2 or B2 schools and try and absolutely decimate your LSAT. Over a four year period there's so many classes that contribute to your CGPA that getting a couple extra good grades will bring it up from a 2.95 to a 3.05 etc. - it's marginal at best. However, dedicating your time to the LSAT and scoring three, five, ten points higher opens way more doors. If you get around 163+ the and maintain a 3.7-3.8 you'll be in decent competitive standings for L2/B2, plus, you can tailor your PS to maybe how your interest in school came around after first year when you decided you wanted to dedicate yourself to getting a legal education. And if you absolutely manhandle the LSAT are nearing the 170 mark they won't even care about your CGPA if your L2/B2 is on par.

Edited by thesizzlingwok