22 hours ago, SpaceLawyer said:

No movement at all? 

I personally know one person that had paid their deposit for TRU but has decided to go to another school now. I am not sure if they have contacted Leanne to let her know or how long the whole process will take... but that’s one person on the waitlist that will get in! 

5 minutes ago, Law052019 said:

I personally know one person that had paid their deposit for TRU but has decided to go to another school now. I am not sure if they have contacted Leanne to let her know or how long the whole process will take... but that’s one person on the waitlist that will get in!

Still stresses me out! Last year around this time like 20 people had received offers off the waitlist.

Me too! I think at this point it might be time to assume the worst and either prepare for the next cycle or go abroad if law school is still an option. 

3 hours ago, 604wannabelawyer said:

Me too! I think at this point it might be time to assume the worst and either prepare for the next cycle or go abroad if law school is still an option. 

Yeah, it is so hard waiting! 

I think we may see some movement soon, it seems as if UVIC is starting to accept people of the waitlist. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone :)

Received a phone call this morning. Accepted in from the waitlist! 
GPA: 3.7
LSAT: 158

Good luck to those still waiting! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Law230293 said:

Received a phone call this morning. Accepted in from the waitlist! 
GPA: 3.7
LSAT: 158

Good luck to those still waiting! 

Congratulations!

If you don’t mind sharing- When did you apply and when did you receive your waitlist email?

25 minutes ago, spezzi said:

Congratulations!

If you don’t mind sharing- When did you apply and when did you receive your waitlist email?

Applied almost the last day of the application window, and received the waitlist email April 17th. 

2 hours ago, Law230293 said:

Applied almost the last day of the application window, and received the waitlist email April 17th. 

What is your L2?

I was just rejected off the waitlist today. Was waitlisted on April 17th

L2: 3.1

LSAT: 160

I am surprised as I didn't expect there to be rejections from the waitlist this early. Really disappointed... :(

17 minutes ago, kj4150 said:

I was just rejected off the waitlist today. Was waitlisted on April 17th

L2: 3.1

LSAT: 160

I am surprised as I didn't expect there to be rejections from the waitlist this early. Really disappointed... :(

I had no idea they would be doing that so early on... was this through email or phone? Really sorry! Best of luck with any other on-going applications you may have!

3 minutes ago, Law052019 said:

I had no idea they would be doing that so early on... was this through email or phone? Really sorry! Best of luck with any other on-going applications you may have!

Thanks, it was through an email from Leanne.

16 minutes ago, kj4150 said:

Thanks, it was through an email from Leanne.

I got the same email, I’m pretty devastated. But luckily I have another acceptance in Ontario, not ideal as I’m a bc resident but I’m happy to be accepted somewhere 

stats 

cgpa 3.29/4.33

lsat: 156

I was also just rejected off of the waitlist via email. 

GPA 3.74/4.33 (not sure how they calculated L2)

LSAT: 155

Applied special consideration, I don't have 90 credits. 

Good luck to everyone that made the shortlist! I hope there's some movement for you guys.

After being told I was in a great spot on the waitlist to being rejected. Solid. It's really hard not to be extremely frustrated. CGPA 3.7, MA 4.0, LSAT 155. Special Circumstances. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SpaceLawyer said:

After being told I was in a great spot on the waitlist to being rejected. Solid. It's really hard not to be extremely frustrated. CGPA 3.7, MA 4.0, LSAT 155. Special Circumstances. 

Sounds like a mistake.

Did you get into anywhere?

5 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Sounds like a mistake.

Did you get into anywhere?

No I haven't, this has to be the shittiest experience I have ever had and I really don't mean to bitch but I literally had both my parents die in my undergrad and I kept a 3.7 CGPA, I did all the extracurricular, got academically recognized, completed a masters and have a 155 LSAT. I frankly don't know what the hell else I can do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpaceLawyer said:

No I haven't, this has to be the shittiest experience I have ever had and I really don't mean to bitch but I literally had both my parents die in my undergrad and I kept a 3.7 CGPA, I did all the extracurricular, got academically recognized, completed a masters and have a 155 LSAT. I frankly don't know what the hell else I can do. 

I am so sorry to hear that.

You have a higher L2, right?

You should get into some schools with your stats.

Reapply if you didn't get in this cycle.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, NeverGiveUp said:

I am so sorry to hear that.

You have a higher L2, right?

You should get into some schools with your stats.

Reapply if you didn't get in this cycle.

Good luck!

I really can't tell if you're being genuine or just trying to rub it in. Thanks.