I was waitlisted this morning.

GPA 3.74/4.33 (not sure how they calculated L2)

LSAT: 155

Strong LORs, currently a paralegal with 6 yrs law firm experience.

Applied special consideration.

I was waitlisted with a 162 LSAT and a 3.6 two weeks ago. I guess they weren't kidding when they said that they were behind. Either way, I asked to be taken off the waitlist. Good luck to those still waiting!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

CrimNation, good luck with the waitlist, hopefully you get a spot this time around!  I have the same stats as you, and my references were excellent, but was declined a spot this year.  I'm wondering if it was my lack of volunteering experience.  May I ask, do you have a lot of EC's?  

Edited by Burnzie88
link to response

On 4/25/2019 at 1:23 PM, CrimNation said:

Waitlisted. Got the email at 12:59pm today. 

cGPA: 3.01

L2: 3.50

LSAT: 149 

Hey, good luck with the waitlist, hopefully you get a spot this time around!  I have the same stats as you, and my references were excellent, but was declined a spot this year.  I'm wondering if it was my lack of volunteering experience.  May I ask, do you have a lot of EC's?  

21 hours ago, Burnzie88 said:

Hey, good luck with the waitlist, hopefully you get a spot this time around!  I have the same stats as you, and my references were excellent, but was declined a spot this year.  I'm wondering if it was my lack of volunteering experience.  May I ask, do you have a lot of EC's?  

Hello 😊 Yes, I have over 600 volunteer hours from 4 different volunteering campaigns/groups. I also have all of the certifications to prove it. 

I also have 6 months of co-op experience at a law firm back from high school (if that still counts). I have General Manager (GM) experience at a car dealership as well. 

This was all during my studies. I guess it shows study + work balance. 

Also important to note, and I should have mentioned this on my initial post, but I applied as a special consideration applicant as well. Personal stuff I went thru during my studies. 

1 hour ago, CrimNation said:

Hello 😊 Yes, I have over 600 volunteer hours from 4 different volunteering campaigns/groups. I also have all of the certifications to prove it. 

I also have 6 months of co-op experience at a law firm back from high school (if that still counts). I have General Manager (GM) experience at a car dealership as well. 

This was all during my studies. I guess it shows study + work balance. 

Also important to note, and I should have mentioned this on my initial post, but I applied as a special consideration applicant as well. Personal stuff I went thru during my studies. 

Gear up to re-write the LSAT

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AJD19 said:

Gear up to re-write the LSAT

?

We can't just jump to conclusions like this. 

I know so many people who got in with a 146, even.

Leanne over the phone told me I would have gotten in if I applied last year, but this year more people applied so it was a tougher decision to make.

Even if I have to rewrite, I wont. I wrote it 6 times already.

I am waitlisted and I have faith.

Be more open-minded, please.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, CrimNation said:

?

Leanne over the phone told me I would have gotten in if I applied last year, but this year more people applied so it was a tougher decision to make.

Thank you to everyone who liked my comment. Thank you for the support!

For those that have a 149 lsat, I know it’s tough, but hang in there. It’s not over until it’s over. When that time comes, then reapplying and rewriting is always an option, if you want this really badly. Otherwise, blessings and good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, CrimNation said:

?

Im not jumping to any conclusions. My comment merely noted that you should likely prepare to write the LSAT again. Objectively, your GPA is not competitive and your LSAT is abysmal. The outliers you draw attention to only show that it is not impossible. Its possible yes, but its a shot in the dark at best. You do yourself a disservice from generalising from outliers or letting them give you false hope.Almost everyone who posted on the waitlist thread is more competitive than you. There are not "so many" people getting in with a 146. Occasionally you see acceptances with <150 LSAT's, however such scores almost always result in being immediately rejected across the country. Moreover, last years cycle has no bearing on this cycle. Faith is all well and good, but dont let it blind you from getting back on the LSAT prep and giving it another shot if need be. Take your own advice as noted above. 

Edited by AJD19
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, AJD19 said:

Im not jumping to any conclusions. My comment merely noted that you should likely prepare to write the LSAT again. Objectively, your GPA is not competitive and your LSAT is abysmal. The outliers you draw attention to only show that it is not impossible. Its possible yes, but its a shot in the dark at best. You do yourself a disservice from generalising from outliers or letting them give you false hope.Almost everyone who posted on the waitlist thread is more competitive than you. There are not "so many" people getting in with a 146. Occasionally you see acceptances with <150 LSAT's, however such scores almost always result in being immediately rejected across the country. Moreover, last years cycle has no bearing on this cycle. Faith is all well and good, but dont let it blind you from getting back on the LSAT prep and giving it another shot if need be. Take your own advice as noted above. 

You are jumping because It is not over yet. 

A lot of people have been rejected with significantly higher lsats. So is the lsat really the solution?  

2 minutes ago, CrimNation said:

You are jumping because It is not over yet. 

A lot of people have been rejected with significantly higher lsats. So is the lsat really the solution?  

Applicants may be rejected for any number of reasons depending on the school. Some schools are more GPA centric, while others place more emphasis on the LSAT,  and still further some consider a variety of factors in a holictic approach. It is also important to note that its possible certain schools may reject particular candidates if they possess well above average stats as they may expect such a candidate to receive multiple offers resulting in a higher probability of attending a different insitution. 

I think what you may also be getting at is this: Is the LSAT a definitive metric in deciding how one will perform in law school. I am of the opinion that it is a good indicator, but far from definitive. Plenty of low lsat scorers end up being top of the class in law school. Regardless of your stance on the LSAT what you can be certain of is that, as it stands,  the LSAT is a significant metric in whether or not you are admitted. As far as law schools are considered, while it is not the solution it is significant part of the solution. With many more applicants then seats available anyone who knows anything about law school admissions will tell you 9 times out of 10 <150 LSATS are rejected. This is not the states where some school will take you with any LSAT. Again, its good to be optimisic, but theres a fine line between optimism and delusion.  

• Confused 1

Does anyone have any updates at all? I know some other schools have started accepting people off the waitlist! The wait sucks :( 

6 hours ago, Law052019 said:

Does anyone have any updates at all? I know some other schools have started accepting people off the waitlist! The wait sucks :( 

Not an update but after reviewing last year's waitlist thread it appears we will be getting ranked sometime this month, but the email also said it was a dynamic waitlist so i could be wrong.

I called Leanne last Friday no changes on the waitlist. It’s more competitive since they had 3,000 applications this year. I am somewhere above the middle so I’m planning on rewriting the lsat 

42 minutes ago, 604wannabelawyer said:

I called Leanne last Friday no changes on the waitlist. It’s more competitive since they had 3,000 applications this year. I am somewhere above the middle so I’m planning on rewriting the lsat 

No changes as in no one has declined their acceptance?

7 hours ago, 604wannabelawyer said:

Did she give you a rating?

I noticed that the last round of offers came with a May 8th deadline to accept so I'm assuming if a call was made to Leanne last Friday about the wait list then none of those people declined their offers. This seems really different from last year when there was a lot of movement in the wait list throughout the Summer