TahiaDZ

Rejected from Osgoode 2019

I guess I'll start this off - got an e-mail this morning around 11am. 

Cgpa: 3.43

LSAT: 156

Not really surprised lol, already provisionally accepted Ottawa

47 minutes ago, amytheadvocate said:

I understand rejections are sent via email and OASIS but are rejection letters mailed out? 

I don't know but if they are that would just be insanely cruel

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Don't know if everyone is too lazy to make a thread for Osgoode rejects, or they just didn't want me (tear rolls down cheek). 

I got my rejection on Friday, April 12 at 9 in the morning (York always bringing me bad news in the a.m.)

Stats

CGPA: ~3.65

L2: ~3.8

LSAT: 155, 158

Strong ECs and LORs (I don't even know what "strong" means here, what are the parameters for determining this?)

Good luck to everyone else that doesn't have to post in this thread, may the odds be ever in your favour (cause they certainly weren't in mine). 

Edited by Ryn
Mod edit for context: This was in its own thread and was merged here
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, amytheadvocate said:

I understand rejections are sent via email and OASIS but are rejection letters mailed out? 

I've been rejected from multiple schools, and none of them have (thankfully) sent a rejection letter to my house. That'd just be weird and highly unnecessary. 

Posted (edited)

rejected today :(

Stats

CGPA: 3.7

L2: 3.75

LSAT: 150

sad but definitely re-writing LSAT and trying again next cycle. Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by kiki
  • Sad 1

Email or oasis? 

2 minutes ago, kiki said:

Stats

sad but definitely re-writing LSAT and trying again next cycle. Good luck to everyone else!

Just now, Nikevsadidas said:

Email or oasis? 

email in the AM

2 hours ago, kiki said:

Stats

Sorry to hear.  Nice cgpa/L2.  

I scored a 150 on my first attempt and then a 158 on my second (and last attempt).  You can do it!

• Like 1

Rejected today

L2: 3.8

LSAT: 143, 148, 154

Strong Extracurriculars/ Work Experience 5+ years

Good luck to everyone else.

Rejected today after OLSAS assessed my most recent grades. Obviously, not surprised.

8: 37 A.M.

OLSAS CGPA: 3.42

L2: 3.89

LSAT: 162

25 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

Rejected today after OLSAS assessed my most recent grades. Obviously, not surprised.

8: 37 A.M.

OLSAS CGPA: 3.42

L2: 3.89

LSAT: 162

How were you notified ?

By an e-mail from Mya and it was updated on OASIS.

To anyone else who is still in school and awaiting a response, they also said in a separate e-mail, "Yes the Fall/Winter grades from this current academic year are considered in the review of your application." 

Rejected today via email:

cGPA: 4.0

L2: 4.12

OLSAS: 3.84

LSAT: 147

Paralegal, 4 years of law firm experience in the areas of litigation, employment and criminal. Strong volunteer experience. Excellent LOR's.

1 hour ago, LawDreamer121 said:

Paralegal, 4 years of law firm experience in the areas of litigation, employment and criminal. Strong volunteer experience. Excellent LOR's.

Sorry to hear that.

You GPA is great.

You should have a chance in Windsor and Lakehead in Ontario.

If you don't get into Windsor and Lakehead this cycle and don't have time to improve your LSAT I suggest you apply to TRU next cycle.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, LawDreamer121 said:

One good LSAT and you're good to go.

Rejected yesterday 

3.7 CGPA (Undergrad)

3.9 CGPA (Masters)

155 LSAT

Lots of ECs

7 years of work experience

Excellent PS

Excellent references.