Sign in to follow this  
mapleleaf94

Waitlist 2019

For fuck's sake. Waiting list.

3.25, 3.73, 164, MA, Access. Guess it's time to go back and increase my cGPA. I suppose hardly anyone gets accepted off the waitlist?

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

3.25, 3.73, 164, MA, Access. Guess it's time to go back and increase my cGPA. I suppose hardly anyone gets accepted off the waitlist?

Man, this is really heartbreaking. I've seen you post in these forums for so long - was really rooting for you.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, lawcat said:

Man, this is really heartbreaking. I've seen you post in these forums for so long - was really rooting for you.

To be fair, it's not over yet but certainly not an encouraging sign.

20 minutes ago, SneakySuspect said:

Does it say "waitlisted" instead of "applied" where it says:
"Professional...Faculty of Law...W 2019... Applied"

Yes, and you can either accept or decline the waitlist offer.

• Thanks 1

Given that these are all after the "round of offers" issued on Thursday I think it's likely safe to say that Western has filled its class or at least is mostly filled?

17 minutes ago, thedraper said:

Given that these are all after the "round of offers" issued on Thursday I think it's likely safe to say that Western has filled its class or at least is mostly filled?

I actually called them! They said that the class isn't filled yet, but will be by May 31. The reason people are getting waitlisted/rejected is because they want everyone to have an answer by the end of May, or even sooner! 

He specifically said that no news isn't bad news, it could be good news!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lawcat said:

I actually called them! They said that the class isn't filled yet, but will be by May 31. The reason people are getting waitlisted/rejected is because they want everyone to have an answer by the end of May, or even sooner! 

He specifically said that no news isn't bad news, it could be good news!

That's reassuring! I felt impending doom when I saw this list. It really is hard to say I guess.

4 hours ago, usrockband said:

Wait list!

cgpa: 3.07

L2: 3.71

LSAT: 164

3 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Jeez, high L2s and good LSATs. Didn't know Western placed this high of a weight on cGPA, assuming that was the reason why. Hopefully you get in off the wait list. 

Waitlisted today

cgpa: 3.5 L2: 3.73

Lsat: 157

General applicant

Edited by Cenright

50 minutes ago, thominator12 said:

Jeez, high L2s and good LSATs. Didn't know Western placed this high of a weight on cGPA, assuming that was the reason why. Hopefully you get in off the wait list. 

Yeah I think they do place a considerable amount of weight on cGPA. It does say on the website that they prefer a high cGPA to a high L2, by and large.

Seems to me that’s Queens and Dal are better bets for L2 applicants than Western.

Edited by usrockband
  • Like 1

If I could ask every single person to decline their offer on the waitlist for me, that would be great! 😅

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Haha 1