legallyblonde1

Proof of Enrolment after accepting for PSLOC?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• IMO I would say overall Calgary is the better school, I'm from Ontario and I decined Ottawa for Calgary so granted I am biased. However, I believe UoC to have a more innovative curriculum, better facilites, better job market and their articling employment rate is amazing! Both cities get very cold in the Winters, so there's that. However, if you are dead-set on practicing in Ontario then yeah Ottawa would seem a more viable option. That being said it is not impossible to transition between provinces, especially if you have good grades and/or a bit of nepotism (or 'Networking'). Take that as you will, but Calgary FTW
    • from what I understand, the States have a tiered system that consists of low tier schools who admit people who have low LSAT and GPA's. Some of these schools do not have good bar pass rates or employment prospects. I can't comment on the actual curriculum. In Canada, all schools have relatively high admissions standards, so the people being admitted generally have the ability to complete the rigour of law school and mostly pass the bar. I guess essentially the deviations in school standards are much lower in Canada, thus providing consistency. 
    • I have lived in Kingston all my life and have recently been accepted into Calgary Law and still waiting on Queen's. So I would also appreciate a comparison of the law schools. Obviously I think a majority of it comes down to where you want to practice law as it would be harder to transition from say Calgary to Ontario if you went to Calgary Law and vice versa.   In regards to Kingston as a city: In the summers Kingston is one of the best places to live. It is very warm, has great patios, restaurants and festivals, etc. The job market however is not strong and you would most likely look to Toronto for summer employment.  In the winter Kingston gets cold, a lot colder than Toronto. There is not much to do... thats about all I can say about that. Students typically live in something called the 'Ghetto', which is right beside the university and walking distance to downtown.   Is there anything in particular you would like to know about Kingston ?