Sign in to follow this  
Notnotadog

Did I do my tuition deposit correctly?

On UofT's ACORN website I'm seeing $500 credited to my account -am I supposed to do anything with this or is this everything, granted that I've also handed in my deposit form to the Faculty of Law?

I think that’s everything you’re supposed to do! If your account is credited $500, I would assume it means they received the deposit because mine doesn’t say that yet since I only submitted it yesterday! Mine says $100 though which I find really strange ... I don’t even know what that could be for

2 minutes ago, e0813 said:

Mine says $100 though which I find really strange ... I don’t even know what that could be for

Oh wait.. I wonder if that’s my application fee being credited back since I accepted my offer? Does anyone know about this?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, e0813 said:

Oh wait.. I wonder if that’s my application fee being credited back since I accepted my offer? Does anyone know about this?

I believe if you've received the Canada Student Grant bursary any time over the past five years and declared it in your application, U of T would reimburse your application fee.  

Edited by Twenty
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Twenty said:

I believe if you've received the Canada Student Grant bursary any time over the past five years and declared it in your application, U of T would reimburse your application fee.  

I have no clue if I did or not.. I especially don’t remember declaring anything on my application! 😕

@Notnotadog fellow incoming 1L here. My tuition deposit also looks like account credit in ACORN. I emailed admissions and got this response:

The $500 deposit will not be added to your fees until mid-July when fees are applied to your ACORN account. That is why you see a $500CR on ACORN right now.

Your fees are not going to be seen until this time, so you will not be able to pay your minimum fees (fall fees) or defer your fees based on having applied for Government Student Loans until that time as well. When that happens, then you will move from being Invited to Registered. So currently you are not a registered student but invited to get registered.

We will be sending you emails in June regarding fee payment and fee deferral as well.

So it looks like we're set for now (though I wish I could get a receipt or something).  

• Like 1

Glad I’m not the only one who has been slightly anxious about this deposit. I also just have a 500Cr in the account, no confirmation of payment being received otherwise. I did phone student accounts to ensure my payment was sufficiently allocated as the deposit payment.