Posted (edited)

Hi All! 

I wanted to start a thread for this. I found it was very helpful to have a community last year while waiting for my acceptances from law schools.

Now I am trying to transfer to Toronto on compassionate grounds due to health. My first year GPA is so far a B - B+.  

Anyone else waiting to transfer to Osgoode for September 2019? 

Edited by saraeliz

Thanks for starting this, saraeliz. I'm just doing up the application now as well. Hoping to transfer also on compassionate  grounds due to health. I can't speak re: the exams I've done, but my midterm average was a B+.

Hi @saraeliz and @LS9292

I am also trying to transfer to Osgoode! Do either of you have any idea on the timeline for this (i.e. when we might hear about accepted/rejected)? I don't think my grounds for transferring will count as "compassionate" (I want to be closer to family, my significant other and some other commitments). My 1L GPA is roughly A- (it's on the 10-point UO scale and I don't know exactly what it works out to on a 4.0 scale). Did either of you apply to U of T as well / know of the timeline there? Best of luck :)

Hi all, 

i also applied and I’m curious on when they’re likely to get back to us (seems like mid July?) and if it’ll be before course selection, which is a somewhat big consideration for me. My guess is course selection will already have passed but I haven’t been able to find information on those dates online. 

@law6543 I have around an A- average on the 10 point as well, and also applied to u of t! No compassionate grounds for my osgoode application. Looks like we’re in the same position

In my year acceptances (i think) began going out mid-July, which was after course selection (but Osgoode has quite a lot of course offerings and some courses are offered more than once per year so it wasn't that big of a deal i don't think).

17 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

first week of July in my year

You're alive!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On June 25, 2019 at 1:59 PM, thedraper said:

You're alive!

I forgot my password

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 1

Received my acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone! Hope to see you all in September 😃

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, saraeliz said:

Received my acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone! Hope to see you all in September 😃

Congrats

How were you notified of your acceptance?

Edited by jayoh

Accepted this morning as well, notified through OASIS update and subsequent E-Mail confirmation. 

One of my friends was also accepted at the same time. 

Best of luck everyone

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, wizardofOS said:

Accepted this morning as well, notified through OASIS update and subsequent E-Mail confirmation. 

One of my friends was also accepted at the same time. 

Best of luck everyone

Yayayaya!!! I wonder if there is a FB group? 

Edited by saraeliz

On 6/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, Luckycharm said:

first week of July in my year

Bingo

On 7/17/2019 at 4:02 PM, runofthemill said:

Has everyone heard back? I'm assuming a rejection at this point, but wondering what's going on. 

Was wondering the same thing. I have been trying to call them this past week but wasn't able to get through to anyone. Did anybody had luck? 

34 minutes ago, Gigi27 said:

Was wondering the same thing. I have been trying to call them this past week but wasn't able to get through to anyone. Did anybody had luck? 

You have to wait till someone rejected their offer or after the expiration date for the first batch of offers before there may be any additional offers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

You have to wait till someone rejected their offer or after the expiration date for the first batch of offers before there may be any additional offers.

FYI the deadline for the July 3rd batch of offers is today.

2 minutes ago, jplawx said:

FYI the deadline for the July 3rd batch of offers is today.

Good luck for those waiting......

I was a transfer student 2 years ago and just fyi there used to be a club created by transfer students to organize events so you could all get to know each other and share tips etc. but no one was able to take it over after graduation i don't think. if any of you want, once you start school you can email Mya Rimon (main contact person for a lot of stuff at Osgoode) and ask her for the list of transfer students and you can send out an email to everyone with a link to an fb group or a meetup etc. Also, there's a summary bank at Osgoode run by legal and lit and to get the password you need to submit a summary of your own to add to the bank, but since you're transfer students you won't have summaries for any Osgoode courses, so you can email legal and lit (probably the vp internal) and ask for the password to the summary bank and in the past they've given it out to transfer students.