Sign in to follow this  
LLawS

No communication?

7 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Not sure if I updated you guys but I spoke to UNB last week. They said the class is full so it’s waitlist at this point. They told me to keep checking my emails since they would ask if people wanted to join it. 

Slim movement tho. 

Waitlist emails were already sent out, so if you haven’t heard back yet, expect either a rejection or to be put on the waitlist later on this summer. Yep, definitely slow moving. Good luck!

Hi everyone. I’m anxiously wondering if there will be waitlist movement in the next few weeks.

Has anyone been offered a spot that they’ve recently declined?

Thanks in advance for your replies. 😁

29 minutes ago, clevermoose said:

Hey @leveredge I declined my spot a while ago, I'm guessing that spot has already been reassigned though. 

Thank you for sharing and good luck with whichever school you're going to! Did you happen to decline before June 17th?

20 minutes ago, leveredge said:

Thank you for sharing and good luck with whichever school you're going to! Did you happen to decline before June 17th?

Yes it was before June 17th. Hope there is some movement on the wait list for you soon :)

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• As someone thinking about a career as an immigration lawyer, is this change something I should be worried about in terms of future job prospects? https://www.canadianlawyermag.com/practice-areas/immigration/queens-launching-new-program-to-train-immigration-and-citizenship-consultants/331234 “By continuing to facilitate immigration consultants to be engaged in the practice of immigration law, it does it does actual Queen’s law JD students a disservice" "This program is a terrible idea. Graduates will claim that they have ‘gone to law school.’ The public will be even further confused. Most think that they are hiring lawyers when they hire immigration consultants,”  In this article the CBA chair seems concerned about consultants increasingly pushing immigration lawyers out of the market - is that truly the case? @msk2012 raises another possibility I hadn't thought about: Help me make some sense of this.
    • Sorry for the late response @cguy. I used the Law School Application Assistant which I found in one of the threads on this site, it calculated my L2 as 3.45. Not sure if the calculator was completely accurate due to my extra year. My fourth and fifth years grades were all A/A+, but my third year was less than impressive which would explain the 3.45. 
    • I articled at a municipality, took a brief position at a mid-sized firm in SW ON, and then was recruited into (another) mid-sized firm in Toronto doing the same thing. Before articling I worked part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer at not-for-profits and in-house. I entered law school fresh out of my undergraduate degree. My average was a B+ with A's and A+'s in municipal and planning law. Originally I tried to be a Crown but no one would hire me, so I randomly decided to article at a municipality and here I am.