40 minutes ago, Linaelm said:

I just emailed them and got this response:

"The committee are still reviewing files with hopes to have most of the decisions made by mid-June.  Please continue to check your status online often because once a decision is made, they will update that first. " 

Thanks for the update! Although didn’t an above poster say their online status didn’t change even after they were accepted? 

On 4/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, IrishStew said:

I got accepted to UNB and my app never changed from that message. It's generic for everyone

58 minutes ago, leveredge said:

Thanks for the update! Although didn’t an above poster say their online status didn’t change even after they were accepted? 

Yeah I was confused by that too. Makes no difference though since I'm obsessively checking it anyway LOL

1 hour ago, leveredge said:

My status was changed in their online system 2 days following my acceptance letter via email notification of status changed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linaelm said:

I just emailed them and got this response:

"The committee are still reviewing files with hopes to have most of the decisions made by mid-June.  Please continue to check your status online often because once a decision is made, they will update that first. " 

That’s really unhelpful considering a lot of us would have to relocate before or around then... haha. But thanks for sharing!! 

Just got my rejection via status update and have started a “rejected 2019” thread. Disappointed, but life goes on!

8 minutes ago, Linaelm said:

Just got my rejection via status update and have started a “rejected 2019” thread. Disappointed, but life goes on!

Ah, sorry to hear that. I just checked your thread and my stats are nearly identical to yours, and I'm also a mature applicant. Haven't had my status change yet but I guess I should expect a decision one way or the other soon. 

59 minutes ago, YoungGlass said:

Ah, sorry to hear that. I just checked your thread and my stats are nearly identical to yours, and I'm also a mature applicant. Haven't had my status change yet but I guess I should expect a decision one way or the other soon. 

Are you a maritime applicant? If so, you might still have a shot. I've seen some people with lower stats than ours get acceptances, so perhaps there are other criteria that I did not possess. Good luck!

Am I the only one anxiously waiting for their admission decision? I've been checking pretty much hourly if my status has been updated. I was really hoping to have been notified by now... Sigh. 😩

4 minutes ago, leveredge said:

Am I the only one anxiously waiting for their admission decision? I've been checking pretty much hourly if my status has been updated. I was really hoping to have been notified by now... Sigh. 😩

Not sure if people know but Wanda (main admissions person) had quite a bad fall and is still out of the office. This is likely having an understandable impact on the speed of decision making. 

• Sad 2

That’s awful! I had no idea, but that’s definitely an understandable cause for the delay. I hope she makes a full recovery. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leveredge said:

I am not expecting to be accepted this year because of low test scores.. But I'm also hoping to just get an answer, so I can know to spend the time and money to start studying again.

I got email a couple days ago that there was a change to my status. It said rejected. Today I got another email that stated change and it went back to the no decision yet generic message.

I emailed Wanda and she said it must have been error and there’s been no decision made yet. She said that to date all seats are full and she’s hoping to finish up the waitlist today and send out emails soon!

I hope this helps some people 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lawhopefulCO2022 said:

I got email a couple days ago that there was a change to my status. It said rejected. Today I got another email that stated change and it went back to the no decision yet generic message.

I emailed Wanda and she said it must have been error and there’s been no decision made yet. She said that to date all seats are full and she’s hoping to finish up the waitlist today and send out emails soon!

I hope this helps some people 

If all the seats are full and my status hasn't changed, does that mean I'm waitlisted? Has anyone else still not been accepted/rejected?

3 minutes ago, lawyor said:

If all the seats are full and my status hasn't changed, does that mean I'm waitlisted? Has anyone else still not been accepted/rejected?

It probably means those of us who didn't get an update are about to be rejected or waitlisted. 

Any idea the number of applicants waitlisted each year? And how much it generally moves?

20 hours ago, lawyor said:

Any idea the number of applicants waitlisted each year? And how much it generally moves?

I'm not sure about the numbers, but I have a feeling it could move pretty quickly considering the fact most schools have already sent out their acceptances.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if I updated you guys but I spoke to UNB last week. They said the class is full so it’s waitlist at this point. They told me to keep checking my emails since they would ask if people wanted to join it. 

Slim movement tho. 

Edited by CatLady