Jump to content
Murex99

Looking for a roommate

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, I am applying for a 2-person room in residence and I am wondering if anyone would be interested in being my roommate!

I think it would be helpful for the two of us if we had a roommate that isn't bothersome and shares the same faculty. If anyone is open to this idea and would like to get to know me, please send me a pm! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A handful of us in my first-year signed up for 1-bedroom apartments and then had them move us into two-bedroom apartments that we had to ourselves. Not sure if they still do it, but 12/10 would recommend doing again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I will be dealing with this issue in June/July most likely. What's the best way to go about finding a good roommate in the Faculty? Facebook groups, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 2:12 PM, Brookvale said:

Hey, I will be dealing with this issue in June/July most likely. What's the best way to go about finding a good roommate in the Faculty? Facebook groups, perhaps?

I assume so, I will also being looking for a roommate. Looking to sign the lease by end of June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smorr53 said:

I assume so, I will also being looking for a roommate. Looking to sign the lease by end of June

Any reason why you're looking to sign a lease by July 1 vs. August or Sept 1? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IrishStew said:

Any reason why you're looking to sign a lease by July 1 vs. August or Sept 1? 

Yes because I might be working in another city for summer 1L. So I would rather not be paying for a lease if I am living somewhere else. I also don't want to be scrambling last minute to get a good place when every other student is doing the same, as I assume as it gets closer to September the better leases will be taken. I think I might just sign a lease for a 2bdr and post in the FB group looking for a roomate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Smorr53 said:

Yes because I might be working in another city for summer 1L. So I would rather not be paying for a lease if I am living somewhere else. I also don't want to be scrambling last minute to get a good place when every other student is doing the same, as I assume as it gets closer to September the better leases will be taken. I think I might just sign a lease for a 2bdr and post in the FB group looking for a roomate.

I spoke to a friend about this who is a UofC law student. They told me the Calgary real estate market is fairly easy to navigate last minute. 

Also, doesn't UofC have a great 1L recruiting cycle for Calgary jobs? I'm trying to decide when to get a lease as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IrishStew said:

I spoke to a friend about this who is a UofC law student. They told me the Calgary real estate market is fairly easy to navigate last minute. 

Also, doesn't UofC have a great 1L recruiting cycle for Calgary jobs? I'm trying to decide when to get a lease as well

 That's good to know. And yes I believe Calgary's 1L recruiting cycle is good, but I am ideally looking to work in either Vancouver or Toronto over the summers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 9:22 AM, Smorr53 said:

 That's good to know. And yes I believe Calgary's 1L recruiting cycle is good, but I am ideally looking to work in either Vancouver or Toronto over the summers.

You should be aware that Vancouver firms rarely, if ever,  hire 1L summer students. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • IMO I would say overall Calgary is the better school, I'm from Ontario and I decined Ottawa for Calgary so granted I am biased. However, I believe UoC to have a more innovative curriculum, better facilites, better job market and their articling employment rate is amazing! Both cities get very cold in the Winters, so there's that. However, if you are dead-set on practicing in Ontario then yeah Ottawa would seem a more viable option. That being said it is not impossible to transition between provinces, especially if you have good grades and/or a bit of nepotism (or 'Networking'). Take that as you will, but Calgary FTW
    • from what I understand, the States have a tiered system that consists of low tier schools who admit people who have low LSAT and GPA's. Some of these schools do not have good bar pass rates or employment prospects. I can't comment on the actual curriculum. In Canada, all schools have relatively high admissions standards, so the people being admitted generally have the ability to complete the rigour of law school and mostly pass the bar. I guess essentially the deviations in school standards are much lower in Canada, thus providing consistency. 
    • I have lived in Kingston all my life and have recently been accepted into Calgary Law and still waiting on Queen's. So I would also appreciate a comparison of the law schools. Obviously I think a majority of it comes down to where you want to practice law as it would be harder to transition from say Calgary to Ontario if you went to Calgary Law and vice versa.   In regards to Kingston as a city: In the summers Kingston is one of the best places to live. It is very warm, has great patios, restaurants and festivals, etc. The job market however is not strong and you would most likely look to Toronto for summer employment.  In the winter Kingston gets cold, a lot colder than Toronto. There is not much to do... thats about all I can say about that. Students typically live in something called the 'Ghetto', which is right beside the university and walking distance to downtown.   Is there anything in particular you would like to know about Kingston ?
×
×
  • Create New...