Sign in to follow this  
sami1994

Law school chances

Hi everyone,

I graduated from the University of Toronto with a CGPA of 2.8, and the l2 GPA is 3.4. I went on to obtain my Paralegal's diploma at Seneca college, and I am currently finishing my Master's degree with mostly getting A grades. My LSAT score is 155. I have two years of solid experience working with law firms and legal clinics. I wanted to know what are my chances of getting into a Canadian law school?

Edited by sami1994

Being that you could apply as a mature applicant, in which they may take your CGPA with a grain of salt and look past it your chances may not be too bad. Getting your LSAT up would definitely improve your chances. Any idea where you'd apply or where you'd want to attend?

• Like 1

I am turning 25 in July; I don't think so that I will be considered as a mature student. I am planning to apply to Windsor, Ottawa, Lakehead, Alberta, Dalhousie, Calgary, and Ryerson.

Very slim chance. You need to improve your LSAT as even your L2 is low. 

1 hour ago, sami1994 said:

Hi everyone,

I graduated from the University of Toronto with a CGPA of 2.8, and the l2 GPA is 3.4. I went on to obtain my Paralegal's diploma at Seneca college, and I am currently finishing my Master's degree with mostly getting A grades. My LSAT score is 155. I have two years of solid experience working with law firms and legal clinics. I wanted to know what are my chances of getting into a Canadian law school?

Is your Masters a 2 year Canadian graduate degree?

If you have close to 4.0 GPA in your last two years (including your Masters grades) you will get into UofA (it considers Masters grades).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-u9luOkViBOYVM2bWFMcmJNcUpOZVBZY0lsTVpyOGRIaGFR/view

Edited by NeverGiveUp

My Masters degree is a one- year program from Ryerson university in Immigration and Settlement Studies. 

3 minutes ago, sami1994 said:

My Masters degree is a one- year program from Ryerson university in Immigration and Settlement Studies. 

Count your last 20 courses GPA (Masters + undergrad).

If it is 3.7+ you will have a shot at UofA.

Is 155 your only LSAT score?

UofA averages LSAT scores.

Edited by NeverGiveUp

7 minutes ago, sami1994 said:

Yes, that was my first attempt at the LSAT.

So finish your Masters with all As and get your LSAT score to 160+ you will get into somewhere.

Suggest you applying to UNB and TRU as well.

8 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

So finish your Masters with all As and get your LSAT score to 160+ you will get into somewhere.

Suggest you applying to UNB and TRU as well.

Don't bother applying to UNB unless you are from the Maritimes. 

Let's keep this thread on track. We don't need another discussion on the pros/cons of Ryerson. There is already a 29 page discussion that the OP can search for, if interested.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

Let's keep this thread on track. We don't need another discussion on the pros/cons of Ryerson. There is already a 29 page discussion that the OP can search for, if interested.

Thanks.

I split out the discussion to another thread because I think the developments are worth talking about.

• Like 1