Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
labr

Accepting an Offer

Recommended Posts

Hello! Just wondering for those who have or are planning on accepting your offer, what do they mean by 'emailed acceptance letter'? I don't see any particular letter / form attached that I should fill out. Do they just mean an original letter from us indicating that we are accepting the offer? Thanks! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I just sent a letter saying "Hey, I'm in, thanks so much for your time." [Shortened]. Along with notice that my deposit has been paid and then followed up today with that gosh darn picture they wanted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yea I just sent a letter saying "Hey, I'm in, thanks so much for your time." [Shortened]. Along with notice that my deposit has been paid and then followed up today with that gosh darn picture they wanted.

Great thank you for your help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! For those who accepted their offers, did you receive an email confirming that you’ve taken the spot? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 10:33 PM, doodlebug said:

Yea I just sent a letter saying "Hey, I'm in, thanks so much for your time." [Shortened]. Along with notice that my deposit has been paid and then followed up today with that gosh darn picture they wanted.

I spent like all week taking awkward selfies on my lunch break. 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Abcd4321 said:

Hey! For those who accepted their offers, did you receive an email confirming that you’ve taken the spot? Thanks!

Yep, there's a confirmation email that includes all the information given to people who were admitted earlier, plus adds you to a mailing list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NavAcid said:

Yep, there's a confirmation email that includes all the information given to people who were admitted earlier, plus adds you to a mailing list. 

Thanks for replying! I haven’t received an email yet and I accepted my offer yesterday morning, did you get your confirmation right away? I’m going to call to make sure they got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Abcd4321 said:

Thanks for replying! I haven’t received an email yet and I accepted my offer yesterday morning, did you get your confirmation right away? I’m going to call to make sure they got it. 

Not right away, the transcripts that included my official convocation were still on the way and needed to be received. Regardless it might take a day or so to get the email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NavAcid said:

Not right away, the transcripts that included my official convocation were still on the way and needed to be received. Regardless it might take a day or so to get the email.

Awesome, thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • "cGPA: 3.29 L2: 3.5 LSAT: 159 (2 writes)" @strugglingSFUgal In your shoes I would accept at UofC now. Based on your profile, even with some improvements admission at UVic is far from guaranteed next year (as you yourself acknowledge).
    • what are your stats? 
    • Hi Everyone! I am in my 5th year of uni and I've been accepted to U of C for 2020 and honestly, given my stats, I wasn't expecting any acceptances (especially this early) and had already started studying for my LSAT again to be more competitive for next cycle. I am super excited about this acceptance, but I'm a little stuck on what to doooo. My ultimate goal is UVic, but I didn't apply this cycle as my stats weren't competitive. However, if I was to apply next year, with the increase in credit drops after this semester, my GPA would be competitive and I would just have to work at getting a couple points higher on the LSAT (obviously, working to get a higher LSAT is never a guarantee). As a BC resident, I'd eventually like to make my way back here, although I'm okay living somewhere else for a couple years before that. My question is, do you think I should take the acceptance with U of C and say bye-bye to the LSAT, or should I decline U of C, try for a higher LSAT, and gun for UVic?  Any advice is appreciated  
    • I submitted the day of the deadline (Jan 15th) and got accepted today, so just over a month later. So to answer your question, no - it doesn't seem that they go by order submitted. I know some other strong applicants who have not heard back having applied earlier. 
    • I got in very quickly with a lower GPA, mine was 3.37. However, I did have a somewhat high LSAT at 170.

×
×
  • Create New...