Jump to content
Cyruszzz

McGill Cegep applicants

Recommended Posts

Bonjour fellow cegep students, 

Has anyone received a decision(refused, called for interview) from Mcgill?

If anyone is refused or called for an interview or still waiting, please post your admission stats under this tread. Merci 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I am a cegep applicant too. My status is currently still at «Ready for review». I got called for an interview two weeks ago and it is scheduled for next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats for the interview ! it's a good sign.

Would you mind sharing your stats? (R score- extracurriculars-Ps)

What did they tell you about the interview and how will you prepare for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 7:46 PM, Cyruszzz said:

Bonjour fellow cegep students, 

Has anyone received a decision(refused, called for interview) from Mcgill?

If anyone is refused or called for an interview or still waiting, please post your admission stats under this tread. Merci 

Maybe I am mistaken but it seemed to me you were refused by McGill and accepted by UDM? If it’s indeed true, can you tell us about your R score and EC’s? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still waiting on "Ready for review", but my application is literally the longest shot ever because of my low R score so I am not expecting anything at all. Really I'm just on here because I'm curious to see who does get in.

R Score: 31
ECs: Pretty good
PS: Strong (but who am I to judge?)
LoR: Haven't seen them, I'm assuming they're strong

Good luck everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, Cyruszzz said:

congrats for the interview ! it's a good sign.

Would you mind sharing your stats? (R score- extracurriculars-Ps)

What did they tell you about the interview and how will you prepare for it?

Hi, (sorry for my late answer I'm quite busy with school)

My R Score is 35.

In my opinion, my ECs are pretty strong. I've also worked a lot on my personal statement and I think that it showed. I also have good volunteering and work experience. The interview went pretty well and it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. They told me that they were pretty early on in the admission process so I could have to wait until the end of April to get an answer. But, I received an acceptation less than a week after the interview. My status didn't changed from «Ready for review» until I got accepted (even after I got the phone call for the interview). 

Good luck to everyone !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Night said:

Hi, (sorry for my late answer I'm quite busy with school)

My R Score is 35.

In my opinion, my ECs are pretty strong. I've also worked a lot on my personal statement and I think that it showed. I also have good volunteering and work experience. The interview went pretty well and it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. They told me that they were pretty early on in the admission process so I could have to wait until the end of April to get an answer. But, I received an acceptation less than a week after the interview. My status didn't changed from «Ready for review» until I got accepted (even after I got the phone call for the interview). 

Good luck to everyone !

Congrats on your acceptance!  

How many days after the interview did you get an acceptation on Minerva?

My interview was Friday and my status on Minerva is still "Ready for review".

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, montrealer2019 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!  

How many days after the interview did you get an acceptation on Minerva?

My interview was Friday and my status on Minerva is still "Ready for review".

Thanks!

My status changed on minerva less than a week after my interview (I think it was something like 5 days). Then I checked my status 2 days later and I had received my official acceptance letter (it wasn't there right away when my status changed). 

I think you shouldn't worry to much, they said that it could take a couple of weeks. How did it went? & Do you mind also sharing your stats? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we haven't heard back and are still "Ready for review" at this point, should we assume we most likely didn't get in? Or are they still actively giving out interviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, montrealchild said:

If we haven't heard back and are still "Ready for review" at this point, should we assume we most likely didn't get in? Or are they still actively giving out interviews?

Same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's written on the website that most interviews will take place between march and april. That being said I think if they wanted to call anyone for an interview they would already have done so.

Sad but don't loose hope; we are in the same situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cyruszzz said:

it's written on the website that most interviews will take place between march and april. That being said I think if they wanted to call anyone for an interview they would already have done so.

Sad but don't loose hope; we are in the same situation. 

I haven't heard back yet either. I was told from friends (not such a reliable source) that they give interviews and acceptances to the best graded people first and then they begin with the people with lower grades. I also have heard that McGill is very slow with the acceptances/ interview process and we could hear about a possible interview even in late may. I am not sure if this information is correct, however I was wondering if we could have a status change to declined if we are not going to receive an interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, letsgetin2019 said:

I haven't heard back yet either. I was told from friends (not such a reliable source) that they give interviews and acceptances to the best graded people first and then they begin with the people with lower grades. I also have heard that McGill is very slow with the acceptances/ interview process and we could hear about a possible interview even in late may. I am not sure if this information is correct, however I was wondering if we could have a status change to declined if we are not going to receive an interview. 

It is true that they begin with people who have the most promising profile first (not just grades but the CV and the PS too). I also heard that McGill is very slow with their acceptances/interviews process. I did my interview in the beginning of April and they told me that I could have to wait 2-3 weeks before getting an answer. Three of my friends who went through the interview the same week as me are still waiting for an answer. There is also two rounds of interview, so you can still hope that they haven't conducted the second round yet. It is totally normal and you shouldn't worry too much. 

You shouldn't lose hope but you should still be prepared to face a rejection. If you have applied to other university you should start considering to accept other offers (since most of them expires on May 1st). That way you're sure to have a backup plan in case of rejection. But, if you're accepted after May 1st you could easily transfer. 

Also, if you don't get called for an interview, I am pretty sure that you're status will be changed to declined since only those who made it through the interview can be waitlisted. 

Hope this was helpful ! Good luck !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cyruszzz said:

it's written on the website that most interviews will take place between march and april. That being said I think if they wanted to call anyone for an interview they would already have done so.

Sad but don't loose hope; we are in the same situation. 

I called McGill Law admissions and they said interviews take place in May as well. I'm in the same situation, and I know someone who got the call for an interview today. I'm still Ready for Review and expecting a rejection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mm123456 said:

I called McGill Law admissions and they said interviews take place in May as well. I'm in the same situation, and I know someone who got the call for an interview today. I'm still Ready for Review and expecting a rejection. 

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cyruszzz said:

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Yes of course! My application is pretty long shot because of my R-score though, not really expecting an interview.

R-score: 32.3

PS: pretty strong

ECs/CV: really strong, a lot of student journalism and involvement + work experience 

LofRs: also really strong, one more than the other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, montrealer2019 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!  

How many days after the interview did you get an acceptation on Minerva?

My interview was Friday and my status on Minerva is still "Ready for review".

Thanks!

Hello montrealer2019,

Any (good) news since your interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 7:31 PM, Night said:

 Three of my friends who went through the interview the same week as me are still waiting for an answer. There is also two rounds of interview, so you can still hope that they haven't conducted the second round yet. It is totally normal and you shouldn't worry too much. 

Hello Night,

Do you know if your friends received any answer yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, Lawyers2019 said:

Hello Night,

Do you know if your friends received any answer yet?

They haven't.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

for those of you who received an offer of admission, how long did you have to accept it? Like what was the deadline for it?

And for the offers made after May 1st, does anyone know up until when students will have to accept? I'm assuming they will be sending out more offers within the next two weeks (since round 2 of interviews will be over by then), and I'm curious to know how much time people will be given to make a decision... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • workday hcm training   University of Continuing Education is an accredited certified Career School that brings high demand fast track continuing education courses providing you cost-effective and convenient, Instructor Led Coaching. Research has proven that using Instructor Led Training is 3X impact proven as compared to taking self learning online classes. Hence we our firm believer of providing you Senior / Director level consultant as your mentor for Video BlackBoard based hands on training conducted with small class room environment which is our speciality and at convenience of your home.
    • I might come to the welcome day (I am from the GTA). 
    • First, I would like to start off my congratulating everyone who has got their call, and wishing good luck to those still waiting.    I got my call on the 7th, and considering this is the only school I applied to for law, it was a blessing that it was right before the LSAT 😂   cGPA: 79% L2: 3.7 LSAT:150 3 LORs from professors who taught various Indigenous courses, all tailored to Lakehead.    Personal statement outlined my passion to work with mining companies and Indigenous communities. I believe this is what helped me stick out as a candidate, and ultimately get the acceptance.    I look forward to meeting you all! Is anyone from the GTA planning on going to the welcome day? 
    • yes, quite possibly. but you can be a coder on the side, ubereats deliverer (on a bike, free exercise, cars are bad), blogger, instagram influencer, or get a real estate licence and become a part time realtor in the GTA. all things are possible if you're out the door by 3:30 pm and never, ever work on weekends. 

×
×
  • Create New...