Guess I’ll start this off! 

Called the office today - I’ve been Waitlisted with a confirmed index score of 890. Waitlist invites to be sent out in May. 

Cheers everyone! 🍻

Thanks for your post @justasmalltowngirl!

I decided to call the office as well and heard that I was also waitlisted with a confirmed index score of 890 (GPA: 3.96 with drops/4.33 ; LSAT: 160). The admissions officer, Dailene, informed me that waitlist invites would be sent out in May at which point we have the option to accept, thereby granting us the ability to see our position on the waitlist. 

Good luck all!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted as well - index 907.5 confirmed by Dailene.

Guess the auto admit is not 905.

Edited by rushmore

Waitlisted as well ... 876.25 index. Really surprised because they calculated my GPA as lower than my home school does WITH drops and multiple high exchange marks. Chances looking slim haha. 

• Sad 1

Based on what I read from previous years' threads, the index obviously factors into it but is not the only thing considered. A lot of people had very similar indexes near the top of the waitlist last year.

Although being at the top of the waitlist is not a guarantee:

While in 2017 and 2018 numerous people received offers from the waitlist, in 2016 no one did. Apparently in 2016 UVic was "oversubscribed" -- I'm guessing this means that they sent out 30 offers expecting 20 people to accept but all 30 did.

Good luck all.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, justasmalltowngirl said:

Does anyone know if the wait-list is ranked by index score or some other mysterious method?

Each committee member looks at peoples profiles (stats, personal statement) individually and make their own rankings, then they get together and determine the final waitlist ranking as a whole.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, vanhopeful95 said:

Waitlisted as well ... 876.25 index. Really surprised because they calculated my GPA as lower than my home school does WITH drops and multiple high exchange marks. Chances looking slim haha. 

Did you call into the office to find out as well? 

Waitlisted as well, 894 index. I called in to find out this morning. Thanks for the info, I'm happy to not have to check the website everyday anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Called today and was told I was waitlisted, 877.5 index.

On the lower end but still hopeful and relieved its not a rejection 😅

• Like 1

Same answer, on the waitlist and will find out position in May. 

My index is 897.5

Also called and was told I’m on the waitlist!

Confirmed stats: 3.7, 162, 887.5 index

On 4/4/2019 at 2:58 PM, ellehcim said:

Also called and was told I’m on the waitlist!

Confirmed stats: 3.7, 162, 887.5 index

Accepted!!!!!  Dailene just called me!  Will be accepting. 

Stats are above, solid PS I would think and extensive ECs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I was also just accepted. Never got the official wait list email. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

907.5 confirmed index. Mediocre softs. 169 LSAT, ~3.38 self calculated GPA w/ drops.

Edited by rushmore
  • Like 1