Just wondering if anyone is attending the meet and greet this Wednesday?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

• Like 2

I'll be attending too!

2 hours ago, LuckyCommander said:

I will be! Any ideas on what the dress code is? 

On the RSVP website it says "Business Attire is suggested"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rwilli said:

I'll be attending too!

On the RSVP website it says "Business Attire is suggested"

Oof, I seem to have missed that. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Shoober said:

Is the meet and greet only for admitted students? 

I believe anyone who received the email can attend.

1 hour ago, lawstudentt said:

I am coming too. Is anybody bringing guests?

Im coming alone! I didn’t know you could bring a guest.

21 hours ago, ElleWoods15 said:

Im coming alone! I didn’t know you could bring a guest.

22 hours ago, lawstudentt said:

I am coming too. Is anybody bringing guests?

I'm not sure what the email says but I would suggest not bringing a guest. This event is for admitted students to engage with faculty, staff and current law students. It doesn't seem appropriate to bring someone else given this is event is all about you and making the best decision for your own higher education. Bringing a guest may also tempt you to just interact with them, when rather the best use of this event would be to go out on your own and talk with as many people as possible.

1 hour ago, ristiisa said:

I'm not sure what the email says but I would suggest not bringing a guest. This event is for admitted students to engage with faculty, staff and current law students. It doesn't seem appropriate to bring someone else given this is event is all about you and making the best decision for your own higher education. Bringing a guest may also tempt you to just interact with them, when rather the best use of this event would be to go out on your own and talk with as many people as possible.

I mean, ultimately yes, it is meant for the accepted students, but if you have a good reliable friend who is genuinely interested in law school then why not bring them and get them networking ahead of time? 

Also, some people weren’t admitted and still got the meet and greet email (prior to getting rejected). So it should be fine I guess. It’s a business too. It can help entice them for reapplying next year. 

9 hours ago, CrimNation said:

I mean, ultimately yes, it is meant for the accepted students, but if you have a good reliable friend who is genuinely interested in law school then why not bring them and get them networking ahead of time? 

Also, some people weren’t admitted and still got the meet and greet email (prior to getting rejected). So it should be fine I guess. It’s a business too. It can help entice them for reapplying next year. 

Those are good points - everyone should use their discretion ultimately as to whether or not it would be appropriate. My comments were more for situations where people want to bring a friend, partner/significant other, or someone along those lines, where it would be inappropriate.

7 hours ago, lawstudent4455 said:

just to confirm, getting the email does not mean you’ve been accepted?

Call the school to confirm in any case.

8 hours ago, lawstudent4455 said:

just to confirm, getting the email does not mean you’ve been accepted?

Getting the Meet and Greet email does NOT mean you got accepted or that you WILL be accepted.

1 hour ago, ristiisa said:

Call the school to confirm in any case.

The school will just tell the applicant that it is not necessarily meant for acceptance or the likes of it. Also, no admissions committee will comment much on your chances of acceptance.

Now the question is, what differentiates between some people getting the Meet and Greet invitation and some not? Well, my speculation is that those who got referred before the event, will get the email as they have time to come and prepare. Those who got referred after the event, well what is the point? The event is done, until next year. It should be automated and sent to all who applied. Call and ask to get clarification on why they didn't send it to everyone who applied.

15 hours ago, CrimNation said:

Getting the Meet and Greet email does NOT mean you got accepted or that you WILL be accepted.

The school will just tell the applicant that it is not necessarily meant for acceptance or the likes of it. Also, no admissions committee will comment much on your chances of acceptance.

Now the question is, what differentiates between some people getting the Meet and Greet invitation and some not? Well, my speculation is that those who got referred before the event, will get the email as they have time to come and prepare. Those who got referred after the event, well what is the point? The event is done, until next year. It should be automated and sent to all who applied. Call and ask to get clarification on why they didn't send it to everyone who applied.

In my instance, the meet and greet did, in fact, mean I was accepted. 

Just now, lawstudent4455 said:

I think what this user is saying is that, while there is a correlation between those who have received the Meet and Greet invitation having also received an offer of admission, it cannot be taken as granted that to receive the Meet and Greet invitation is a necessary or sufficient indicator of one's likelihood of being admitted... But it is probably a decent sign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, lawstudent4455 said:

BloodOrange got it right. 

The invitation doesn't have anything to do with acceptances for anyone. Some got the email but still got rejected a few days or weeks later. I think it is based on being referred before the event then they have reached your application on time to send you an invitation.

Anyways, congrats!