BenMtl

Application status

Hello guys, 

I know some people whose status on Minerva are « Admitted », « Refused » and « Reviewed–Decision Pending ». My status hasn’t changed since my application, and I’m still « Ready for Review ». Does it mean that they literally haven’t reviewed my application yet? And do you think that’s more on the good news or bad news side? 

Thank you all, 

They've likely looked at you already if you applied in the general category. But there's no decision yet/the process isn't over for your file.

For reference my file went from ready to review to accepted without any intermediate step (I didn't check all the time but every few days).

Professors are busy. It takes time.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BenMtl said:

Hello guys, 

I know some people whose status on Minerva are « Admitted », « Refused » and « Reviewed–Decision Pending ». My status hasn’t changed since my application, and I’m still « Ready for Review ». Does it mean that they literally haven’t reviewed my application yet? And do you think that’s more on the good news or bad news side? 

Thank you all, 

By now they have def seen your file. Perhaps they are going to do a French interview. My friends was ready for review and then he had his French interview and then “admitted with condition”. Probably good news and I would expect that French interview. What are your stats, it would give us a better idea as per good/bad news? 

Edited by Megbean123
  • Like 1

Hi,

Even though I got a phone call for an interview, my admission status is still «Ready for review». So they might have already seen your file but your status won't change right away. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, Megbean123 said:

By now they have def seen your file. Perhaps they are going to do a French interview. My friends was ready for review and then he had his French interview and then “admitted with condition”. Probably good news and I would expect that French interview. What are your stats, it would give us a better idea as per good/bad news? 

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply. I doubt they would do a French interview as I did all my studies in French. Concerning my stats : 80% average from the University of Ottawa in commerce, major in international management. My average for the last 2 years is around 93%. I also did an exchange in a top business school in Europe, and my average there was around 90%. I have work experience in the federal government, strong LOR and medium EC. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, Night said:

Hi,

Even though I got a phone call for an interview, my admission status is still «Ready for review». So they might have already seen your file but your status won't change right away. 

Hi, 

have you done an interview yet? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BenMtl said:

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply. I doubt they would do a French interview as I did all my studies in French. Concerning my stats : 80% average from the University of Ottawa in commerce, major in international management. My average for the last 2 years is around 93%. I also did an exchange in a top business school in Europe, and my average there was around 90%. I have work experience in the federal government, strong LOR and medium EC. 

If you're a mature candidate may want to interview you. An 80 average is around a 3.7 GPA, so, thats competitive. Did you write the LSAT and get a bad score? You seem like a competitive candidate so I think that you might be offered admission. They could also be planning to waitlist you since I don't think they have started doing that yet. 

Edited by Megbean123

2 hours ago, Megbean123 said:

If you're a mature candidate may want to interview you. An 80 average is around a 3.7 GPA, so, thats competitive. Did you write the LSAT and get a bad score? You seem like a competitive candidate so I think that you might be offered admission. They could also be planning to waitlist you since I don't think they have started doing that yet. 

No, I haven’t taken the LSAT! And for the waitlist you might be right, I didn’t think of it.. Hopefully I will get an answer soon, waiting is so stressful hahaha  

On 3/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, BenMtl said:

Hi, 

have you done an interview yet? 

Hi,

Not yet, I schedule it for next week. I can keep you guys updated on how it went afterwards. Are you a CEGEP applicant too?

Just doing the annual reminder - it's either ready for review, admitted, or refused. Admissions starts in December for exceptional candidates (essentially "pre admits") with first round in late Feb/March. It will keep rolling.

Cegepers will start hearing back in april and fill about 30-40 seats. Mature students will also hear back. Then McGill will finish the class comp with more from the general category and wait list.

It's still decent in the admission process. Don't drive yourselves crazy analyzing this. Look at all the threads all on this subject - this is the usual course of admissions at McGill.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:57 AM, Night said:

Hi,

Not yet, I schedule it for next week. I can keep you guys updated on how it went afterwards. Are you a CEGEP applicant too?

No, I’m a university applicant! 

My application is still "Ready for Review"

GPA is 3.89 from McGill, no LSAT though. Still waiting for a response.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 3:51 PM, BenMtl said:

Hello guys, 

Thank you all, 

McGill Law does not use the Reviewed-Decision Pending. This is for other faculties, saw your post and asked the admissions office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, LawSchoolJock said:

McGill Law does not use the Reviewed-Decision Pending. This is for other faculties, saw your post and asked the admissions office. 

Ok, thanks that’s kind of you!