Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• How do you handle losing cases? Do you get better over time at trying to keep it in perspective, and learning for next time? Is there any way to shut off the spiral of self-doubt?  It’s one thing to acknowledge that every court application is a calculated risk, and that you weigh the pros and cons with the client in advance, and that you’ve decided to take your chances. At some level, though, you believed that the outcome would come out in your favour (especially as the Plaintiff), otherwise you would have accepted a settlement. The rumination on “maybe I should have said this” or “maybe I should have told the client that” or “maybe I should have accepted a settlement” or “maybe if I were a better/smarter/more experienced/more confident lawyer this would have gone differently” or “maybe I just fuck up the lives of people who trust me” keeps me up for weeks and the impact of any losses outweighs 100x the impact of any wins. 
    • This is strictly anecdotal but I know of at least 1 2L in the past year who was a BC transfer. 
    • On test day, I was under so much pressure that my brain went on auto-pilot and my ability to methodically break down each question went out the window, even though I'd spent hundreds of hours studying similar questions at home. If your goal is to start law school in 2020, I think it'd be worth it for you to experience that pressure before the do-or-die January exam. I started with a low 140s diagnostic and finished with a 163 after a year of studying. 
    • Waitlisted today for the English common law program, I'll probably take myself off the waitlist since I firmly accepted at another school a long time ago.  cGPA: 3.57 L2: 3.61 LSAT: 162
    • I posted this question a few days back in a different part of this forum. Check out the answers: