Lawstudent97

Anyone with gpa and LSAT scores above the medians still not been accepted?

9 hours ago, mett said:

I have a 3.72 GPA and a 164 LSAT and still haven't heard back. Applied Access as well.

I'm sure we'll hear back soon, whatever the response may be.

CGPA or L2?

1 hour ago, Lawstudent97 said:

CGPA or L2?

Both - somehow they're the same!

Posted (edited)

yup, I have great ECs and many and have gotten into every school I applied to thus far - U of T/McGill/UVic/Queens/Oz/Ottawa - I have a 3.95/4.0 CGPA and I guess my L2 would be same and B2 same and a 164..western just doesn't want meeeeee but its kewl

Edited by Megbean123

14 minutes ago, Megbean123 said:

yup, I have great ECs and many and have gotten into every school I applied to thus far - U of T/McGill/UVic/Queens/Oz/Ottawa - I have a 3.95/4.0 CGPA and I guess my L2 would be same and B2 same and a 164..western just doesn't want meeeeee but its kewl

I have to say it's very strange you're not in at Western. Maybe they are more holistic than we give them credit for. Then again you're in at other schools so maybe there's a lot of weight on the essay scenario thing ahahahaha 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, thedraper said:

I have to say it's very strange you're not in at Western. Maybe they are more holistic than we give them credit for. Then again you're in at other schools so maybe there's a lot of weight on the essay scenario thing ahahahaha 

I thought I was very diplomatic in the scenario part but I tried to apply a social justice oriented letter to a school not known for that - which I guess is why they don't want me, there's only 11 days left if they want me or else my app will be cancelled for U of T 

Edited by Megbean123

13 minutes ago, Megbean123 said:

I thought I was very diplomatic in the scenario part but I tried to apply a social justice oriented letter to a school not known for that - which I guess is why they don't want me, there's only 11 days left if they want me or else my app will be cancelled for U of T 

Unless you hear a rejection it doesn’t mean they don’t want you. If you haven’t heard anything it could very well just mean they’re still looking at applications. Although I am curious, if you have been accepted to other schools and aren’t looking to attend Western, what is the hold up? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

Unless you hear a rejection it doesn’t mean they don’t want you. If you haven’t heard anything it could very well just mean they’re still looking at applications. Although I am curious, if you have been accepted to other schools and aren’t looking to attend Western, what is the hold up? 

my mom wants me to wait until the last second so that I'm "sure" lol, I also had a really successful cousin come out of western so I was considering it briefly 

Edited by Megbean123

i have 169 LSAT, L2 = 3.8 and haven't heard back

My CGPA is 3.0 tho, i got straight 50s my first year.  perhaps western has started moving towards a more holistic admissions process? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, thesamasaurus said:

My CGPA is 3.0 tho, i got straight 50s my first year.  perhaps western has started moving towards a more holistic admissions process? 

It's most likely they are moving towards being more holistic, after all it seems to me that it would be hard for any school at this point to focus solely on stats.

On the other hand, Western does not ignore CGPA, so maybe that's what's holding you app back. Regardless you have a hell of an lsat, congrats! I'm sure you've probably already got some other acceptances.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:53 AM, thesamasaurus said:

My stats are similar to yours, I hope to apply this Fall.  

On 3/26/2019 at 12:53 AM, thesamasaurus said:

You will get in.

4 minutes ago, TWD3333 said:

For those wondering, Western does have a blog updating current applicants. It seems a lot of people have not discovered it for whatever reason—i only found out about it a few weeks ago.  

https://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/information_for_current_applicants.html

Round of new offers coming Thursday the 11th! Good to know, I've got my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedraper said:

Round of new offers coming Thursday the 11th! Good to know, I've got my fingers crossed.

I actually got an email from Western admissions yesterday asking for more information. Hopefully that means my file's currently being reviewed and I'll get to hear back in this next wave!

1 hour ago, mett said:

I actually got an email from Western admissions yesterday asking for more information. Hopefully that means my file's currently being reviewed and I'll get to hear back in this next wave!

What kind of info where they looking for? I haven't heard a single word from them. Would like to hear anything even if it's for more info.

Posted (edited)

Looks like they deleted their post about the next wave on Thursday... wonder why.

Edited by onone

6 hours ago, thedraper said:

What kind of info where they looking for? I haven't heard a single word from them. Would like to hear anything even if it's for more info.

I applied Access so they just needed some more information about that. Nothing too crazy but at least I know it means they were looking at my application.