Sign in to follow this  
Legaleager

Application requires an action/ would they review it at all?

Posted (edited)

My bear tracks application shows "Application requires an action" due to a request for an updated transcript for my finance postgraduate certificate which I will be completed by the end of July. I explained to the admission office that I am completing two courses now and one in the summer so you won't receive the transcript till mid summer. Also, this is a post-graduate certificate program, I already submitted my undergraduate and my master degrees transcripts.

I am wondering why they are not addressing the application "complete". Does this hold them from reviewing my application? I also didn't do well on LSAT-149. but my GPA for my undergrad and grad was really good. What should I do? It seems they received my response and thanked me for explaining to them but they never changed the status on the Beartracks.

Edited by Legaleager

I encourage you to re write the lsat, based off 4 applicant profiles put out by the UofA over the last 5 years, not once has a sub 150 lsat score been accepted, and in one year not a single 150 was accepted either (151 being the min for that specific year).  If I was you I would sign up for the upcoming July lsat.  The upcoming July lsat will release scores and then give you an option to keep or cancel the score so that it doesn’t show up on your LSAC profile, only caveat is that half of the July test takers will be randomly selected to write the digital format lsat.  Ultimately at this point your application not being “complete” doesn’t matter a whole lot as your lsat score will not get you admitted.

“To ease the transition, LSAC is also offering July test takers a special option: regardless of format, July test takers will have the opportunity to see their score before they decide whether they wish to cancel it. Those who decide to cancel can choose to retake the test again through April 2020 free of charge.”

https://www.lsac.org/about/news/lsac-announces-digital-lsat-launch-schedule

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your response. I contacted them that if I take the March LSAT again would they consider it for my application and they responded that the January LSAT was the latest LSAT that they consider for this class entry. Secondly, when I checked the July LSAT, they only give the option of the retake for the internet based one, not the written one. And, you don't realize which one you will be until the test date. 

Do you think based on the response I got from them, I should still take the LSAT for this year admission cycle?

7 minutes ago, TheSaskConnection said:

I encourage you to re write the lsat, based off 4 applicant profiles put out by the UofA over the last 5 years, not once has a sub 150 lsat score been accepted, and in one year not a single 150 was accepted either (151 being the min for that specific year).  If I was you I would sign up for the upcoming July lsat.  The upcoming July lsat will release scores and then give you an option to keep or cancel the score so that it doesn’t show up on your LSAC profile, only caveat is that half of the July test takers will be randomly selected to write the digital format lsat.  Ultimately at this point your application not being “complete” doesn’t matter a whole lot as your lsat score will not get you admitted.

“To ease the transition, LSAC is also offering July test takers a special option: regardless of format, July test takers will have the opportunity to see their score before they decide whether they wish to cancel it. Those who decide to cancel can choose to retake the test again through April 2020 free of charge.”

https://www.lsac.org/about/news/lsac-announces-digital-lsat-launch-schedule

Edited by Legaleager

Posted (edited)

They will not look at your March lsat score no matter good it turns out to be, the last lsat accepted for fall 2019 entry was the January lsat, so strictly speaking writing the March lsat will do nothing for this cycle, next cycle though it will help

Edited by TheSaskConnection

All future lsat administrations past this July will be digital only, the July lsat will be the last paper based one, and only half of participants will get it, if you rather not take the risk with the digital lsat, and you don’t care about the fact you would be able to cancel your score in case it turns out less than desirable, I would recommend the June lsat which is about three months away as of right now.  Get a prep course if you can afford it to boost your lsat score, check out either 7sage/Powerscore/Manhattan LSAT prep, any one of the three will help. 

Thanks for your response, TheSakConnection. So, you are saying that within the admission to Fall 2019, there will be multiple cycles that I may have a chance by improving potentially my LSAT to get accepted? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Legaleager said:

Thanks for your response, TheSakConnection. So, you are saying that within the admission to Fall 2019, there will be multiple cycles that I may have a chance by improving potentially my LSAT to get accepted? 

No.  For the fall 2019 cycle you are done, your lsat and gpa have been finalized in respect to your application, your winter semester grades will not be considered, nor will any lsat you write.  The fall 2019 cycle is done for you as it is for everyone else.  Writing another lsat will be useful for the fall 2020 cycle but not the fall 2019 admission cycle, I hope this makes sense.  

Edited by TheSaskConnection

ok, I see. In this case,  taking the July LSAT would be only helpful for practicing the internet-based and have the option to cancel it. Thanks so much for your help!