Harvey18

Provisional Acceptance Question

After provisionally accepting an Ontario law school offer (by April 1), are one's chances to other schools one's still waiting on impacted? 

Thanks. 

Seen this post a lot around here, really no definitive answer. Ontario schools share information regarding acceptances, but I can't imagine that it would have a negative impact on your chances of getting into other schools. Obviously if someone firmly accepts it will, but provisional acceptances should be treated differently. I'm hoping this is the case because I'm also in a similar situation myself. Good luck!

The provisional acceptance option is there for a reason, so that an applicant has the ability to guarantee a spot but to also be able to receive other offers. That is the definitive answer. There are people in every cycle that receive other acceptances after making a provisional acceptance. Don't worry about this!

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, erinl2 said:

The provisional acceptance option is there for a reason, so that an applicant has the ability to guarantee a spot but to also be able to receive other offers. That is the definitive answer. There are people in every cycle that receive other acceptances after making a provisional acceptance. Don't worry about this!

Is the option for provisional and firm acceptance on OUAC? Or is it on the university-specific website? 

Also, do I have to accept on both OUAC and the university account? Or just OUAC?

54 minutes ago, Monica123 said:

Is the option for provisional and firm acceptance on OUAC? Or is it on the university-specific website? 

Also, do I have to accept on both OUAC and the university account? Or just OUAC?

For Ontario schools everything is done on OLSAS.

• Like 1