loveforthelaw

UBC vs U of A vs U of C

I have been accepted to these three universities so far (UBC, U of C, U of A).

I haven't heard back from any Ontario or American schools yet so, for now, I'm trying to decide between these three. 

U of C is where I did my undergrad, it's my home and I have an absolutely amazing mentor on the Queens Bench Alberta Court. 

That being said, my goal is to work for at least a couple of years in a top law firm at a big city like Toronto or New York. 

WHAT. DO. I. DO? 

New York is a different beast, but many of the "top" law firms in Toronto also have offices in Calgary. If it were me, I'd probably stay in Calgary. 

• Like 2

UBC has the best rep of the 3 nationally (and probably in New York). All 3 aren't the best options for your goals. Attending any Ontario school is likely better than attending UofC if you want to work in Toronto (maybe other than a select few)

• Like 1

update: Waitlisted at U of T and have still not heard back from Queens, Osgoode, Western, UOttawa or HYS in the states (applied to the best 3 in the states because why not haha excellent learning experience)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now