Curious because I've seen a range of stats get accepted this year. Extensive EC's, strong LOR's and PS tailored towards Uottawa as my first choice. 

Honestly it is hard to say. I have seen people with your stats get rejected, waitlisted, and accepted. 

In general, though, you have a fair chance. Just wait and see! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Rejected Friday.  L2: 3.0 LSAT: 158 Excellent LOR and EC's. I volunteered with two organizations for 5 years through my undergrad and worked full time as well. Recently been volunteering as a court worker.  I knew it was a long shot especially with my GPA but thought I would try anyway! Good luck to all who are still waiting! 
    • Want to work in Canada? Go to UofT. Get an articling job. Go to England on exchange in 3L.
    • Waitlisted March 19th!!!  LSAT - 145 (will be re-writing in September and so on if I don't get in for 2019) cGPA - 3.55  L2 - 3.8 TONS of work experience (even worked two jobs in 3rd year) - now currently working for the government Northern Ontario resident too!  Fingers crossed for all of us wait-listed! There's hope, I know someone who got in off the waitlist last year! 
    • From what it sounds like there has to be at least 100 most likely more. I don’t know how that works out when they have to cut it down to Manitoba Residents only. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    • I am not a 1L. One might say I am a "5L" (good grief where did the time go). But I thought I'd chime in and help you out, and also provide this information to others who may not understand how law school grading works. Law school classes are graded on a curve, generally curved to a "B" (specifically in 1L). What this means is that your individual level of achievement is relatively meaningless; what matters is how you compare against the rest of your class. For example - let's say you get a 75% on your first year criminal law exam as a raw score. In an undergrad program, that would compute to a "B". But in law school it's not so simple! If everyone else in your class scored in the 50s, and you got a 75, you might have an A+. If everyone else got a 77, and you only got a 75, you may end up with a C. Different classes and different professors are known to have different "curves". Some classes have a "flat curve" (e.g. out of 60 people, maybe 40 get Bs, 10 get a B+ and 10 get a B-). Others may have a very "steep curve" (e.g. out of 60 people, maybe 10 get Bs, 10 get a B+, 10 get a B-, 10 get an A-, 10 get a C+, 5 get a flat A and 5 get a flat C). You can picture how the same person taking these two classes could end up with wildly different grades. So to answer your second question, in order to get A's in every class, you would have to perform better than basically everyone else in every one of your classes. That's statistically improbable, because law school is full of smart, hard-working people, all of whom want to be top of their class. And the fact is, you simply cannot ALL be top of the class. I'd note that while different schools may have slight differences in how they handle grading, every Ontario law school grades on a curve like this. This is not a Western-specific phenomenon. Hopefully that helps.