Does anyone know if TRU values connections (To B.C. and Kamloops) the same way UNB and SASK do in their admittance process?

No they do not.  You are not required to speak to any sort of connections at all in your personal statement like Sask and UNB.

They do not. I don't think BC as a province is struggling to keep people in BC. which is why NB and NS provinces do it.

3 hours ago, Linaelm said:

NS provinces do it.

Do they? I don't remember Dal asking if I had a NS connection, but UNB and Sask definitely did. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:53 AM, Linaelm said:

I thought Dal did? I could be wrong.

Dal 100% does for students in Atlantic Canada. 

@butfirstcoffee@Linaelm@Leafs1616 While TRU does not explicitly ask about a connection to BC, I think it would be fair to infer that in particular cases it would be relevant. If, for example, the admissions committee is deciding between 2 people with similar stats-- one from Kelowna and one from Toronto-- and the one from Kelowna discusses their desire to stay in the province and practice in rural communities, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't favor this application over the other. I could be wrong, but I think one of the motivations for establishing TRU as a law school in the first place was to increase accessibility to law in small town BC and the interior. 

@AJD19 Perhaps they would favour someone from Kelowna over Toronto, that is possible.  I don't know what goes on amongst the admissions committee so I cannot say for sure.  But I do know they don't explicitly ask for connections.  I would assume if they aren't requiring applicants to speak to them, they wouldn't then use that as a basis to decide who gets in over another.  Maybe the person from Toronto is from Kelowna, but they just chose to go to a university in Toronto for their undergrad.  I know a few people in my year that have done that.

Also TRU was initially established to be a law school that promotes rural placement of its students, but I wouldn't say that is the case anymore.  The vast majority of students end up going back to where they came from, either Calgary or Vancouver.  TRU tries hard to place its students in those cities, I know this because I just attended the annual career fair.  Out of about 25 employers that attended, only 5 or so were from rural areas (i.e Kamloops, Kelowna, the Interior).  I would say TRU promotes rural placement more than other law schools, but it is not their main objective anymore, and probably never was.

Hope this gave you more insight 🙂