Sign in to follow this  
evkwong723

237.25 index, chances?

Hi,

Does anyone know if I have a shot at getting in to UofA? 3.3 cgpa, unsure how to calculate my L2 as I went on exchange in one of my year 4 terms, but my grades on exchange were pretty good, 163 LSAT.  Will I just waiting for the holistic review process? Thanks.

You need to calculate your L2, your cgpa means absolutely nothing.  To answer the question, a 237 index seems like a waitlist or reject. Calculate your L2 as that’s what UofA uses, and include all courses (from everywhere) that fall in your last 60 credits. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSaskConnection said:

You need to calculate your L2, your cgpa means absolutely nothing.  To answer the question, a 237 index seems like a waitlist or reject. Calculate your L2 as that’s what UofA uses, and include all courses (from everywhere) that fall in your last 60 credits

Are you referring to the 22 or the 22.5 formula? 

Which one do you think they are most likely using? 

if you calculate using 22, I would say that it's definitely possible you could get in with a 237. If you are getting a 237 index score with the 22.5 formula, then I would say you are more likely to be wait listed (I would retake the LSAT if you are hellbent on law school in this scenario).

51 minutes ago, Euroguy18 said:

if you calculate using 22, I would say that it's definitely possible you could get in with a 237. If you are getting a 237 index score with the 22.5 formula, then I would say you are more likely to be wait listed (I would retake the LSAT if you are hellbent on law school in this scenario).

I used the 22.5 as did op.  Either way the stats are not great, but then again op doesn’t even know their L2 which makes a lot of this moot.