LuckyCommander

What to do while waiting

I have been browsing r/lawschooladmissions and I have found that American's have a variety of options when in queue/waitlisted. This includes things like LOCI, addendums, and additional reference letters. I was wondering if the same can be said about Canadian schools. Would it be a good idea to email admissions or contact people at the schools I am interested in? For example, I have been personally invited by a dean to visit a law school (for purposes of privacy I will not reveal which school) and receive a personal tour. Is this common practice? What should I expect?

If you're still in school, the only thing you need to send is your final grades for this semester.  Otherwise, I wouldn't waste the time sending anything like the things you mentioned, because they probably won't even be read or added to your file.  I'm fairly sure of that, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  

As for the tour, individual tours are given all the time.  Getting invited by the Dean is possibly unique, but that likely depends on the school.  Either way, there's basically no chance the tour will be given by the Dean, if that was what you were hoping for.  If you're already admitted to the school, it's basically just an attempt by them to get you to go there.  As for what you should expect, expect to go to the general admin desk and be greeted by a current student.  The student will then take you around the school, talk about points of interest, possibly introduce you to some professors or people involved in the school's clinics if they're available, and answer questions you have.  It's nothing special.  

• Like 1

Focus on getting the best grades you possibly can in your final semester. You never know if you'll need them for a job app next year.

You can't affect your chances now. Just let it out of your mind. Take the tour but it's likely just a formality.

• Like 1