NorthFox

Financial Aid Tasks

Hi there,

My status is currently 'Referred - Admissions Committee', but at the homepage a new link appeared today called 'financial aid tasks',

Does anyone else see this too? Wondering what it means for someone who hasn't received a decision yet.

Thank you!

I really like the Lakehead approach to not telling you anything. Takes alot of the panic out of it.

My status changed from pending to referred this morning and the same new link is on mine. 

• Like 1

Hey,

I'm waitlisted and see this too. I feel like reading too much into the changes on the system is a dangerous game. Not to be a downer. 

• Like 1

• Yeah, I'm still pending review and I have the same financial thing on my homepage now. I think Windsor's system must just change your status for various reasons every time they access it or your information is updated or whatever. 
9 minutes ago, DougFromOntario said:

I really like the Lakehead approach to not telling you anything. Takes alot of the panic out of it.

My status changed from pending to referred this morning and the same new link is on mine. 

Also I agree with this. I'm not sure why all the other schools refuse to completely get on board with OLSAS, not sure why they require all their own application systems to continue to run. If anyone knows why this is other than the fact that the schools pre-dated OLSAS I would love to know. Lakehead completely gets it right, use OLSAS for your admissions, call/email if you get accepted and they don't tell you anything or change your status. Basically, if they need something from you they will contact you instead of changing your status 6 times a month lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougFromOntario said:

1 hour ago, courtrep said:

I'm pending review and I see it too

Stats? I am still Pending Review as well. 

• Like 1

I think the appearance of this tab option is likely the product of UWindsor trying to bring the new portal up to full operational capacity. I'm "Referred - AC" and I have this new tab also, but it seems it has no correlation to status. Guess we'll just have to keep waiting - this has nothing to do with acceptance or declination, by the looks of it.

- Orange

• Like 3