Posted (edited)

I took the January 2019 LSAT and scored 10 points below my goal score. I burned through PTs 41-84 and the LOGIC AND LR bibles. 

I’m planning to take the June test and apply for the 2020 cycle. 

How should I study for the test until June? 

Im going to restart pting from 41 onward and doing reviews. Maybe even grabbing Manhattan LR for a different perspective on the section I’m having the most difficultly with. 

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Edited by Serenitytomorrow
Grammar and clarity

Do you have your old PT answers? Doing them again might be deceiving because your brain will have some memory of the questions. If you have your old PT answers, I think you might be better served by looking carefully at what you got wrong and why. 

• Like 2

You can redo PTs as long as you try to work out the answers again. PTs still have a lot of value even when you've already done them (though your score will be inflated by a couple of points  so don't place too much importance on your score). And keep that PT85 for a week before your re-take!

On 3/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, baklava said:

Do you have your old PT answers? Doing them again might be deceiving because your brain will have some memory of the questions. If you have your old PT answers, I think you might be better served by looking carefully at what you got wrong and why. 

Yes, I think a thorough review of all previous PTs before i take the June LSAT is manageable and necessary. Going through the questions under timed conditions (after erasing the markings thoroughly) won’t hurt. I timed myself on two sections from pt 42 and I only recognized 2 lr questions, which affected my answer choices on them. I will make sure to not take my scores seriously and consider them inflated. 

On 3/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, andi28 said:

You can redo PTs as long as you try to work out the answers again. PTs still have a lot of value even when you've already done them (though your score will be inflated by a couple of points  so don't place too much importance on your score). And keep that PT85 for a week before your re-take!

Sounds like a plan! As I had done previously, I will track my answers through a score tracker to look for trends. If I see a gradual increase in the pt scores as I work through the tests, I would have to think I’m understanding the material more than before, no? 

On 3/13/2019 at 9:10 PM, leafer96 said:

If you're not scoring 180, you still have things to learn on all those tests. Do them again, review properly, and you'll improve.

Noted. Thank you for the reply. Any advice on strategy books? I worked through the lr and lg bibles and I’m looking at Manhattan lr for some added support. Would this be a redundant purchase on my part or are the two series of strategy guides starkly different enough in their techniques and methods?

On 3/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, Serenitytomorrow said:

I took the January 2019 LSAT and scored 10 points below my goal score. I burned through PTs 41-84 and the LOGIC AND LR bibles. 

I’m planning to take the June test and apply for the 2020 cycle. 

How should I study for the test until June? 

Im going to restart pting from 41 onward and doing reviews. Maybe even grabbing Manhattan LR for a different perspective on the section I’m having the most difficultly with. 

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

I'd recommend studying from the PT that introduced comparative passages and going from there. I forgot which one it was but I am pretty sure it was in the 50s. The newer LSAT tests will be similar to what you will encounter on test day!