Sign in to follow this  
Euroguy18

3.6-3.65 GPA and 158 LSAT. Chances?

Hey everyone, 

Just another chances thread here. What do you guys think about my chances for admission in round two with a 3.6-3.65 GPA and a 158 LSAT. Like other people applying to UAlberta this cycle, I've called and asked for a GPA confirmation but was told that they are too busy with processing applications to do so. Based on my own calculations, however, I know that my GPA is at least 3.6. 

Do you guys think i'll be pushed into holistic review or should I make it in the second round? 

Thank you :) 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Euroguy18 said:

Hey everyone, 

Just another chances thread here. What do you guys think about my chances for admission in round two with a 3.6-3.65 GPA and a 158 LSAT. Like other people applying to UAlberta this cycle, I've called and asked for a GPA confirmation but was told that they are too busy with processing applications to do so. Based on my own calculations, however, I know that my GPA is at least 3.6. 

Do you guys think i'll be pushed into holistic review or should I make it in the second round? 

Thank you :) 

In.

Edited by NeverGiveUp
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

In.

Thanks for the positive input. Definitely makes me feel better. 

I've been getting pretty anxious with not hearing anything back from admissions. 

Any ideas for an L2 somewhere between 3.1 - 3.8, (depending entirely on how they calculate things) paired with a 163 Nov LSAT?  Applied in October, application went complete around mid December with the LSAT score update. The thought of waiting another 2 months just to be waitlisted or rejected is not appealing.

1 minute ago, FairEnough said:

Any ideas for an L2 somewhere between 3.1 - 3.8, (depending entirely on how they calculate things) paired with a 163 Nov LSAT?  Applied in October, application went complete around mid December with the LSAT score update. The thought of waiting another 2 months just to be waitlisted or rejected is not appealing.

The variation between a 3.1 and a 3.8 is too high. You ought to be more specific if you want feedback you can rely upon. 

I'm with you when it comes to waiting. Not a fun experience. 

Posted (edited)

Any other people with input on my chances?

I wish everyone the best! 

Edited by Euroguy18

Just now, Euroguy18 said:

The variation between a 3.1 and a 3.8 is too high. You ought to be more specific if you want feedback you can rely upon. 

I'm with you when it comes to waiting. Not a fun experience. 

You're not wrong, of course :) but without getting too specific it will depend on whether or not they are willing to exclude a semester of courses that I took after I had completed my degree, but legit health issues scuttled my grades and those plans. The 3 most likely calculations are 3.1, 3.5, and 3.75... By the numbers, 2 of those get me in, one doesn't. The one that doesn't is the mostly likely one that was slapped on my app if they just crunched the numbers without context.

And of course I also know that no one here knows how or when they might get around to my app but, I dunno, lie to me then!! I just need answers!! Ahem.. yes, the waiting is kinda awful. :)

For what it's worth, I have no idea what your chances are, but realistically, neither does anyone else not on the admissions commitee. But I do wish you the best and hope you hear back soon!

16 minutes ago, FairEnough said:

The following is how to calculate your L2:

1.Start counting with the undergraduate course you most recently completed, up to December 31 of the year you submit your application.

2. Count out 20 half courses, in reverse chronological order. A full course is counted as two half courses.

3. Semesters are not broken up, so use all of the grades from the semester that contains the 20th half course you counted. This means that you may have slightly more than 20 half courses in your GPA.

Once you have a specific L2 GPA you will know your chance.

L2 3.1 - no chance.

L2 above 3.5: in.

• Like 1

Anyone else with an opinion on my chances? 

Not trying to be a pain here, but I'd like to get as many opinions as possible. 

46 minutes ago, Euroguy18 said:

Anyone else with an opinion on my chances? 

Not trying to be a pain here, but I'd like to get as many opinions as possible. 

I think you have a good shot, maybe 2nd round offer.  As for holistic round, don’t count on it (UofA’s holistic review is even more mysterious than UofC’s is) and if you get waitlisted count that as a rejection UofA’s waitlist is notoriously static.