Jump to content
stqust

Acceptance Deadline

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For those who have been accepted, is the acceptance deadline March 31? Does anyone have a deadline different than this? I saw in past accepted threads that some people had a deadline of mid-March.

Edited by stqust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stqust said:

For those who have been accepted, is the acceptance deadline March 31? Does anyone have a deadline different than this? I saw in past accepted threads that some people had a deadline of mid-March.

Are first round offers over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigfudge2017 said:

Yep. and March 31 was my deadline

O, thanks for the input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigfudge2017 said:

Yep. and March 31 was my deadline

Do you know if that means that they've offered all the seats or they are just waiting on the ones they've offered so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if 2nd round offers are the U of A equivalence to a waitlist?

Edited by Grinder99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grinder99 said:

Do you know if that means that they've offered all the seats or they are just waiting on the ones they've offered so far?

Sorry I’m not sure

 

8 minutes ago, Grinder99 said:

Does anyone know if 2nd round offers are the U of A equivalence to a waitlist?

nope their waitlists are separate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bigfudge2017 said:

Sorry I’m not sure

 

nope their waitlists are separate

From the information you've provided me I would guess not all seats have been offered up. They are probably waiting to see exactly how many seats they have left to offer based on who accepts and who rejects first round offers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grinder99 said:

From the information you've provided me I would guess not all seats have been offered up. They are probably waiting to see exactly how many seats they have left to offer based on who accepts and who rejects first round offers.

Although UofA's admissions look like pretty much number based it may be not so transparent as people think.

Some people with much higher index got acceptances much later last year:

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/50938-accepted-to-alberta-2018/?page=8

Looks like they admit applicants with indexes in a range but not in the order from the highest to the lowest.

If that's the case there are possibilities that applicants with higher indexes may be either admitted later or even rejected. 

That's just my guess.

Can someone provide more insights?

Thanks.

 

Edited by NeverGiveUp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Although UofA's admissions look like pretty much number based it may be not so transparent as people think.

Some people with much higher index got acceptances much later last year:

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/50938-accepted-to-alberta-2018/?page=8

Looks like they admit applicants with indexes in a range but not in the order from the highest to the lowest.

If that's the case there are possibilities that applicants with higher indexes may be either admitted later or even rejected. 

That's just my guess.

Can someone provide more insights?

Thanks.

 

Yeah, i'm not sure what to think or say about that but it is supposed to be based purely on stats until the holistic round from my understanding. A couple of those guys if you can take their word for it have stats that would get them into a top school like U of T, UBC, or Uvic. Strange.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grinder99 said:

Yeah, i'm not sure what to think or say about that but it is supposed to be based purely on stats until the holistic round from my understanding. A couple of those guys if you can take their word for it have stats that would get them into a top school like U of T, UBC, or Uvic. Strange.

Thanks.

Since they have all Fall semester's grades and January LSAT scores I guess all (or most of) the seats are offered.  The later and second round offers will be made according to the seats reopened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Thanks.

Since they have all Fall semester's grades and January LSAT scores I guess all (or most of) the seats are offered.  The later and second round offers will be made according to the seats reopened.

Then what's the point of a waitlist seperate from the 2nd round offers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Grinder99 said:

Then what's the point of a waitlist seperate from the 2nd round offers? 

Just in case some people reject their offers.

UofA's wait-list hardly moved in previous years though.

Edited by NeverGiveUp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NeverGiveUp said:

Just in case some people reject their offers.

UofA's wait-list hardly moved in previous years though.

But that's why they create the waitlist. Just in case people reject their offers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grinder99 said:

But that's why they create the waitlist. Just in case people reject their offers. 

The second round offers are  made still based on index scores.

I guess the difference is that the wait-list is made from holistic review.

Maybe I am wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeverGiveUp said:

The second round offers are  made still based on index scores.

I guess the difference is that the wait-list is made from holistic review.

Maybe I am wrong.

Maybe you're right, but no one knows for sure how many seats remain and my comment was just speculation. All i know is most other schools are still in the process of admitting people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Although UofA's admissions look like pretty much number based it may be not so transparent as people think.

Some people with much higher index got acceptances much later last year:

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/50938-accepted-to-alberta-2018/?page=8

Looks like they admit applicants with indexes in a range but not in the order from the highest to the lowest.

If that's the case there are possibilities that applicants with higher indexes may be either admitted later or even rejected. 

That's just my guess.

Can someone provide more insights?

Thanks.

 

Did they do the cycle differently last year? Because on this thread you provided people are posting in mid march which is well past first-round this year which ended on the 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Grinder99 said:

Did they do the cycle differently last year? Because on this thread you provided people are posting in mid march which is well past first-round this year which ended on the 1st.

Don't know if UofA's first round ended on March 1st or not.

But there was February LSAT last year so some people got their LSAT score back in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Don't know if UofA's first round ended on March 1st or not.

But there was February LSAT last year so some people got their LSAT score back in March.

U of a diddnt use february lsats. December was latest 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, AJD19 said:

U of a diddnt use february lsats. December was 

.

Edited by Grinder99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...