ProjectSanderz52

Refreshing every 10 minutes

Posted (edited)

Anyone else anxious to hear back (duh) and refreshing "My U of C" every 30 minutes LOL. WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG U OF C? 

Edit: I understand why it is taking so long, I am just being dramatic.

Edited by ProjectSanderz52
adding more
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ProjectSanderz52 said:

Anyone else anxious to hear back (duh) and refreshing "My U of C" every 30 minutes LOL. WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG U OF C? 

Same. Although in an older thread the Admissions Office talked about printing all applications out (literally having hard copies) and the team deliberating on them. Still getting super anxious, refreshing my emails too lmao

7 minutes ago, PrayforMe said:

Same. Although in an older thread the Admissions Office talked about printing all applications out (literally having hard copies) and the team deliberating on them. Still getting super anxious, refreshing my emails too lmao

hahaaha the struggle. Imagine printing and reading out 2000 applications between a committee LOL. Welcome back to 1956 Calgary. 

41 minutes ago, PrayforMe said:

I'm just imagining some poor assistant literally printing and stapling 2000 applications just for the committee to toss them into Yes, No, or Maybe piles. It would just seem easier to look at stuff online and update the status directly from there rather than having to transfer it. 

My U Calgary status changed a solid 2 hours after I got my email offer. Maybe try refreshing your email every 20 minutes instead :p 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlpacaWhisperer said:

My U Calgary status changed a solid 2 hours after I got my email offer. Maybe try refreshing your email every 20 minutes instead 😛

LOL pro tip appreciated. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ProjectSanderz52 said:

hahaaha the struggle. Imagine printing and reading out 2000 applications between a committee LOL. Welcome back to 1956 Calgary. 

3 hours ago, ConcernedApplicant said:

I'm just imagining some poor assistant literally printing and stapling 2000 applications just for the committee to toss them into Yes, No, or Maybe piles. It would just seem easier to look at stuff online and update the status directly from there rather than having to transfer it. 

To be fair, if the files were digital, the same amount of time we spend printing right now would be spent scanning and uploading paper documents like transcripts one-by-one to each applicant's digital file, so I'd say it’s probably six of one, half dozen of the other.

Additionally, the committee members themselves are still human, volunteering their time in their busy lives, and they can only read so many applications at a time, so having digital files wouldn’t necessarily make the assessments take less time. We care about our applicants and students as people, so we feel it is important to have actual people assessing and considering the applications, rather than just checking your statistics on a chart.

Something to keep in mind this cycle in particular is that there is now a January LSAT instead of December, and there is just no way to know how that is going to impact the application cycle until we’ve actually experienced the full cycle.

Our goal has always been – and still is – to send every applicant an offer, regrets, or waitlist notification by the end of June. We’ve been able to get them all out by mid-May for the past several years; however, since we received the final LSAT reports a month later than in previous cycles, it is quite possible that we may finish closer to the actual goal both this year and going forward.

I know the waiting game isn't fun, and I hate playing it myself, but hang in there! We are doing the best we can to get answers to you as quickly as possible!

-Malina

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, UofC Admissions said:

To be fair, if the files were digital, the same amount of time we spend printing right now would be spent scanning and uploading paper documents like transcripts one-by-one to each applicant's digital file, so I'd say it’s probably six of one, half dozen of the other.

Additionally, the committee members themselves are still human, volunteering their time in their busy lives, and they can only read so many applications at a time, so having digital files wouldn’t necessarily make the assessments take less time. We care about our applicants and students as people, so we feel it is important to have actual people assessing and considering the applications, rather than just checking your statistics on a chart.

Something to keep in mind this cycle in particular is that there is now a January LSAT instead of December, and there is just no way to know how that is going to impact the application cycle until we’ve actually experienced the full cycle.

Our goal has always been – and still is – to send every applicant an offer, regrets, or waitlist notification by the end of June. We’ve been able to get them all out by mid-May for the past several years; however, since we received the final LSAT reports a month later than in previous cycles, it is quite possible that we may finish closer to the actual goal both this year and going forward.

I know the waiting game isn't fun, and I hate playing it myself, but hang in there! We are doing the best we can to get answers to you as quickly as possible!

-Malina

I'm not a U of C applicant, but it's helpful to read something like this to get a better understanding of the overall admissions process - thank you for sharing! 

• Like 1