Jump to content
TheBloodOrange

Pending Review --> Referred AC

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, lawapplicant97 said:

Anyone still pending review? I've resorted to just waiting for an email rather than checking my status at this point

You're not alone!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lawapplicant97 said:

Anyone still pending review? I've resorted to just waiting for an email rather than checking my status at this point

Annnnnd I'm referred - admission committee now 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lawapplicant97 said:

Anyone still pending review? I've resorted to just waiting for an email rather than checking my status at this point

I am still pending review. Did you apply to the dual program as well? Because I did, and I have a theory that if you applied to both, they probably look at your files at the same time (evaluate differently but review simultaneously) so if you applied to both, your file probably goes to ad com after the April 15th dual deadline. I might be wrong but you gotta just tell yourself things to feel better lol 

 

edit: okay well you are referred now, lol so nvm and good luck :)! 

Edited by Hopefullawapplicant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

I am still pending review. Did you apply to the dual program as well? Because I did, and I have a theory that if you applied to both, they probably look at your files at the same time (evaluate differently but review simultaneously) so if you applied to both, your file probably goes to ad com after the April 15th dual deadline. I might be wrong but you gotta just tell yourself things to feel better lol 

 

edit: okay well you are referred now, lol so nvm and good luck :)! 

I applied to both. Got waitlisted from Windsor JD and still Reffered AC for Windsor Dual JD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

I am still pending review. Did you apply to the dual program as well? Because I did, and I have a theory that if you applied to both, they probably look at your files at the same time (evaluate differently but review simultaneously) so if you applied to both, your file probably goes to ad com after the April 15th dual deadline. I might be wrong but you gotta just tell yourself things to feel better lol 

 

edit: okay well you are referred now, lol so nvm and good luck :)! 

I only applied to the single JD but I genuinely think they just haven't gotten to your application yet for either degree. Hang tight and good luck! I found this on their Dual JD FAQ but I'm not sure how valuable this information is: 

Admission procedures for these Programs operate separately and independently of each other and the Admissions Committee for each program evaluates applications separately and independently of each other, as well. Admission (or rejection) to one of those law programs does not automatically mean admission (or rejection) to the other.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Status changed from Still to be Considered to Referred-admissions committee today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is actually so weird that there are applications (such as my own) that are pending review even after April 1st. I am honestly lost as to what this means. I feel as if there is something wrong with my portal too because I can never log onto Uwinsite properly without it redirecting to some oracle page first. I have also tried to email Windsor 4 separate times, months apart, with 4 different queries and have never received a response. How on earth are people communicating with the school and admin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

It is actually so weird that there are applications (such as my own) that are pending review even after April 1st. I am honestly lost as to what this means. I feel as if there is something wrong with my portal too because I can never log onto Uwinsite properly without it redirecting to some oracle page first. I have also tried to email Windsor 4 separate times, months apart, with 4 different queries and have never received a response. How on earth are people communicating with the school and admin? 

Call them. You might have to wait a bit but they will eventually answer 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with someone from the admissions committee yesterday, and they only have 100 applications to go through (100/2000). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xoxogossipgirl said:

I spoke with someone from the admissions committee yesterday, and they only have 100 applications to go through (100/2000). 

Did they by chance specify if it was 100 left to send to Ad com or 100 left that have already been sent to Ad com? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopeful10101 said:

Did they by chance specify if it was 100 left to send to Ad com or 100 left that have already been sent to Ad com? 

100 to send to ad com

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, xoxogossipgirl said:

100 to send to ad com

Weird. I'm still pending review and I submitted my application on October 17th. If they do rolling admissions I'm surprised mine hasn't been reviewed yet considering I submitted nearly 2 weeks before the deadline. I guess that's just later than the vast majority of people had submitted. Either that or they put it to the back of the pile because I rewrote the LSAT in Nov 2018. Glad to hear I should be referred pretty soon though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, savvytoo said:

Weird. I'm still pending review and I submitted my application on October 17th. If they do rolling admissions I'm surprised mine hasn't been reviewed yet considering I submitted nearly 2 weeks before the deadline. I guess that's just later than the vast majority of people had submitted. Either that or they put it to the back of the pile because I rewrote the LSAT in Nov 2018. Glad to hear I should be referred pretty soon though. 

The ad com rep told me that they mostly select applicants randomly for review and don’t group like other law schools. 

 

But yeah, that’s why I called. I applied 1 week before the deadline and haven’t heard back from ANY law schools yet. 

 

I’m still pending review at Windsor. 

 

 

Edited by xoxogossipgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right thread but for those who are now accepted/rejected from ad com, how long did it take for you to hear back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Hopeful10101 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but for those who are now accepted/rejected from ad com, how long did it take for you to hear back?

Tomorrow will be five weeks since I was referred to ad-com and I still haven't heard back. I did read that someone was referred to ad-com on a Friday and got their acceptance on a Monday so I'm not sure if my timeline is typical or not,

Hope that helps

(Also, my status changed to 'still to be considered' late in March after I provisionally accepted another school - I'm not sure if this means I'll be waiting even longer now or not, who really knows)

Edited by NorthFox
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • Thanks for taking the time to answer my previous question. I may be applying this cycle and have a question with regards to the Sketch part of the application. When I previously applied to Law School I added every little volunteer/extracurricular from the time I entered University. For simplicity purposes, I wanted to retain only the last 3-4 years of relevant experience. Would this be a problem for an individual that had more sketch items in a previous application 1-2 years ago? For example some activities are not included at all whereas they were on a previous application?  And just for the sake of knowing I guess, would you have access to and look back at a previous application if you were assessing a candidate?  
    • No, I think the bias is good because it makes whiny conservatives like you fill your diaper. Your first thought on hearing the Prime Minister did something racist was run to bump an old thread to try and score points for your “team”, because to you the racism isn’t really the issue, it’s just an opportunity to poke a lib in the eye.
    • I don't think that people are necessarily laughing at the essence of what you are saying.  What you are saying isn't completely crazy.  The pace at which you are suggesting this will all happen is likely, in part, what they are doubting.  The reactions may also be partly attributed to the fact that you haven't (I don't think?) actually practiced law at this point. I just don't think the legal profession will be completely revolutionized as imminently as your comments suggest.  While I (and probably others) can appreciate arguments that computers will replace certain functions currently done by humans and that some of Ryerson's tech-forward training could be helpful (if well executed), I think it will take time to get there.  While I do appreciate the need for lawyers to have more technical skills and to better integrate technology into law schools (whatever that means...I'm old), I don't understand how this translates to what seems to be your critique of the substance of law school (i.e. what is taught not the way it is taught).  I do think that law school, especially 1L, should continue to include the case reading, making legal arguments, etc. that you seem to criticize, both because I can't imagine a scenario where humans interacting with AI technology don't need a baseline level of knowledge of the law and because I don't think these changes are going to come all that quickly.  It is also pretty absurd to claim that summaries from 2003 are "the same".  75% the same?  Sure.  But actually the same?  Doubtful.  Even if they were "the same", that doesn't demonstrate that law school curricula are dated or make them irrelevant.  If that is the current state of the law, then that is the current state of the law.
    • Agreed. Also I’m at UBC (where OP also seems to attend) and I’ve had several recruiters at big firms tell me, unprompted, that we have a great CSO that understands exactly what the firms want. Probably since our CSO people have worked at large firms.  Just wanted to add that since I don’t think it’s helpful for OP to go down the path of thinking an incompetent CSO was his or her issue. 
    • Okay since I am getting laughs here. Fine, here's a fairly "primitive" model of how natural language processing algorithm can be used. Read this, its an open-source Python library designed for building legal tech software: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3192101 This is an easier to digest thing describing how AI is reshaping law.  https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3381798
×
×
  • Create New...