ceta

Decision Pending

App finally changed from "app forwarded for review" to "decision pending" anyone else get this? Is it good, bad, neutral? Do they send out rejections this early?

Mine changed from Decision pending to "App forward for review" yesterday. I wrote the Jan LSAT and noticed that my LSAT was also updated yesterday. Not too sure what it means but I've heard this is the step where your GPA is calculated etc. 

I've also heard that if your above the cut-off then you will be admitted but if you are under then it will be updated to "Law- to Committee for review" where the committee reviews your application holistically or decides if they will waitlist/ reject you. This is what I've gathered from other posts. Hope this helps!

Edited by JDHopeful2019
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JDHopeful2019 said:

Mine changed from Decision pending to "App forward for review" yesterday. I wrote the Jan LSAT and noticed that my LSAT was also updated yesterday. Not too sure what it means but I've heard this is the step where your GPA is calculated etc. 

I've also heard that if your above the cut-off then you will be admitted but if you are under then it will be updated to "Law- to Committee for review" where the committee reviews your application holistically or decides if they will waitlist/ reject you. This is what I've gathered from other posts. Hope this helps!

That's exactly what happened to me, I was "on hold" for a while, then it changed with my new LSAT score. 

For reference, I submitted my application in early Nov and my status changed from “Forwarded for Review” to “Decision Pending” the week of Feb 3.

My index was self calculated around 875. I’m pretty sure the decision pending status means that they are deciding whether or not the application will be forwarded to the law committee for review. In my case, since my index is quite low, I think that it’s a bad sign to have this status and I’m expecting a rejection notice

Edited by Staygold

Just to clarify- Yours changed from Forwarded for Review to Decision Pending? Mine was the opposite- it was decision pending and then changed to Forwarded for Review. They were waiting for my Jan LSAT scores while my status was Decision Pending. 

Did you write the January LSAT? 

7 minutes ago, JDHopeful2019 said:

Just to clarify- Yours changed from Forwarded for Review to Decision Pending? Mine was the opposite- it was decision pending and then changed to Forwarded for Review. They were waiting for my Jan LSAT scores while my status was Decision Pending. 

I did not write Jan LSAT. And yes, it went from app forward for review TO decision pending.

12 minutes ago, JDHopeful2019 said:

Yes that is correct. Forwarded for review to decision pending. And no I did not write the Jan LSAT I wrote in November.

The week of Feb 3 I got an email from admission asking about an exchange course I took. Then my status changed to decision pending. So I’m assuming that they just calculated my index and determined that it was not high enough to be forwarded to the law committee.

Oh okay thanks. My index is 880 which is definitely low but I'm still hoping they may consider me for waitlist. I noticed last year there were lower stats than 880 that were waitlisted but it may be more competitive this year :( 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JDHopeful2019 said:

Oh okay thanks. My index is 880 which is definitely low but I'm still hoping they may consider me for waitlist. I noticed last year there were lower stats than 880 that were waitlisted but it may be more competitive this year :( 

Pretty sure it’s less competitive this year, as the index this year for auto admit is 905 and last year was 915... so be encouraged :) 

• Like 4

Just had mine change to Decision Pending. Any other inputs on what it might mean?

Did you guys who had the status hear back?

Thanks.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, rkathleen said:

Pretty sure it’s less competitive this year, as the index this year for auto admit is 905 and last year was 915... so be encouraged :) 

Hey can you tell me how do I calculate what my index is? I can't find any info online? Many thanks.

1 hour ago, jellybean25 said:

Hey can you tell me how do I calculate what my index is? I can't find any info online? Many thanks.

GPA (with drops in 4.33 scale) * 125 + LSAT percentile * 5

• Like 1