RGoodfellow

Rejected from UofC 2019

I checked and didn't see one so I hope this wasn't posted already.

L2: 3.77

LSAT: 160

Was probably my LORs that did me in; didn't have any from professors, only work and volunteer references. Not many ECs either, and I worded something pretty poorly in my PS, I think.

21 minutes ago, RGoodfellow said:

I checked and didn't see one so I hope this wasn't posted already.

L2: 3.77

LSAT: 160

Was probably my LORs that did me in; didn't have any from professors, only work and volunteer references. Not many ECs either, and I worded something pretty poorly in my PS, I think.

Sorry to hear that.

But you got into UofA, right?

Now your decision is much easier. :)

Edited by NeverGiveUp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Sorry to hear that.

But you got into UofA, right?

Now your decision is much easier. :)

Exactly! My mind got made up for me.

• Like 1

Rejected today via email.

3.0 GPA

156 LSAT

Great references and PS.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Also rejected today via email! Wasn’t surprised, just was trying to take my chances. 

cgpa 3.3, 154

Rejected today. L2 GPA 3.67, LSAT 159. Decent ECs and Good Reference Letters. Research and working full time for a year and a half after undergrad. 

Thought I would have at least made the waitlist. 

10 hours ago, savvytoo said:

Rejected today. L2 GPA 3.67, LSAT 159. Decent ECs and Good Reference Letters. Research and working full time for a year and a half after undergrad. 

Thought I would have at least made the waitlist. 

So sorry to hear, your application sounds great! When did you go green circle? And were you accepted at UAlberta (if you applied)?

Posted (edited)

Rejected yesterday. It wasn't my top choice by far so not too worried. 

CGP: 3.31/4.33, L2: 3.8 LSAT: 154 

Edited by sey

45 minutes ago, mapleleaf94 said:

just got the e-mail 

L2 3.73 

LSAT 159

32 minutes ago, Whocareshouse said:

Just got the email. 3.7 gpa 162 lsat

How were your ECs?

Posted (edited)

Just got the email. 

LSATs: 152 (June), 158 (Nov)

cGPA: 3.14/4.3

L2: ~3.7 or 3.8. Can’t remember exactly

Worked all through undergrad and volunteered for my last 3 years (doing research for my university). 

Also, on another note: do they still do that thing where they send printed copies of rejection letters? Just curious if I get to read the rejection twice or if once was good enough for them. 

Edited by LLawS

3 minutes ago, UofTCrim said:

Rejected just now. 

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Rejected last week. 

GPA: 3.04

LSAT (155,165) 

I made the mistake of focussing only on academics in university, never joined any club or did any ECs until the last 6 months before applications were due.  I just stayed at home and played video games for the last 3.5 years. Thankfully have been accepted to U of A law school in Edmonton. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 11:29 PM, JustWatchMe said:

Rejected last week. 

GPA: 3.04

LSAT (155,165) 

I made the mistake of focussing only on academics in university, never joined any club or did any ECs until the last 6 months before applications were due.  I just stayed at home and played video games for the last 3.5 years. Thankfully have been accepted to U of A law school in Edmonton. 

The 3.04 was not a typo? If you don't mind me asking, besides the 165 LSAT what else did you have going for you on your application to get accepted into UofA and not UofC? I'm only asking because I constantly worry about my academics, and not so much as my ECs as I try and stay on top of those as much as possible. 

Edited by LawSchoolHopeful321
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, LawSchoolHopeful321 said:

The 3.04 was not a typo? If you don't mind me asking, besides the 165 LSAT what else did you have going for you on your application to get accepted into UofA and not UofC? I'm only asking because I constantly worry about my academics, and not so much as my ECs as I try and stay on top of those as much as possible. 

U of A is a straight numbers school. They only take L2 Years gpa, of which mine is 3.58. My CGPA is 3.04.

Combined with my lsat score it was enough to get in when plugged in to their asmisssions index formula.

Edited by JustWatchMe
Typo

Posted (edited)

Just rejected today. CGPA: 2.68 / L2: 2.75 (WES) / LSAT: 168 (Nov). Mature applicant with a master’s degree.

U of C was my first choice, since I am living here. So sad. I should have focused more on why I got low grades. :(

Edited by Lindenbaum

20 hours ago, JustWatchMe said:

U of A is a straight numbers school. They only take L2 Years gpa, of which mine is 3.58. My CGPA is 3.04.

Combined with my lsat score it was enough to get in when plugged in to their asmisssions index formula.

Awesome! Thanks a ton for the insight, UofC and UofA are the two I'm looking to get into the most, with more of a focus on UofC, good to know how each of the schools select their candidates.