My overall gpa is 2.85, completed a masters following this in political science with an A average. Interned with the UN for a few months and now have over a year and a half of experience working in immigration law in Toronto. Reference letters were great and had a lot of extra curricular, volunteer and work experience. Took the lsat in January and got a 157. this is my first time applying and I just want to know if anyone thinks I have a shot. I applied to Windsor in addition to other Ontario schools. Any advice would help thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Alexandrajmathieu said:

My overall gpa is 2.85, completed a masters following this in political science with an A average. Interned with the UN for a few months and now have over a year and a half of experience working in immigration law in Toronto. Reference letters were great and had a lot of extra curricular, volunteer and work experience. Took the lsat in January and got a 157. this is my first time applying and I just want to know if anyone thinks I have a shot. I applied to Windsor in addition to other Ontario schools. Any advice would help thanks. 

I haven't been admitted anywhere yet, I've only applied. That said, I think most users here are in agreement that Windsor is unpredictable since it takes a holistic approach to admissions. Your cGPA is probably lower than Windsor's average, but they've admitted students around your LSAT before and with your ECs and work experience there's always a chance. 

Short answer - maybe, maybe not, who knows. Since everything is out of your hands now, the best approach is to wait and see where the chips fall. I'm dying to hear back from Windsor as well. Good luck!

People that are more of an authority on this subject than I am might want to know what your L2 GPA is, and whether or not your GPA had a significant increasing trend throughout your undergrad. I think that can give a bit more context. 

Edit - I've also read around here that Windsor doesn't accept the January LSAT? Was January your first LSAT? Did the admissions office clear you to apply with the January LSAT only?

Edited by savvytoo

8 hours ago, Alexandrajmathieu said:

You have a 30%-40% chance at almost every school in Canada. Your cgpa is bringing you down but your MA and LSAT are bringing you up. I’m assuming your ECs and LORs are average just to be on the safe side. 

8 hours ago, savvytoo said:

Edit - I've also read around here that Windsor doesn't accept the January LSAT? Was January your first LSAT? Did the admissions office clear you to apply with the January LSAT only?

This year they are. I called and asked. It’s becuase the tests were earlier this year. November instead of December and January instead of February. 

8 hours ago, Alexandrajmathieu said:

What is your L2?

And is your masters from a Canadian university?

22 hours ago, savvytoo said:

I haven't been admitted anywhere yet, I've only applied. That said, I think most users here are in agreement that Windsor is unpredictable since it takes a holistic approach to admissions. Your cGPA is probably lower than Windsor's average, but they've admitted students around your LSAT before and with your ECs and work experience there's always a chance. 

Short answer - maybe, maybe not, who knows. Since everything is out of your hands now, the best approach is to wait and see where the chips fall. I'm dying to hear back from Windsor as well. Good luck!

People that are more of an authority on this subject than I am might want to know what your L2 GPA is, and whether or not your GPA had a significant increasing trend throughout your undergrad. I think that can give a bit more context. 

They cleared me for it. You have to email an administrator and request permission for them to accept it before hand.