Hi Folks,

This news is a couple weeks old, but I thought it would be nice to share with you all!

Lakehead's Bora Laskin Faculty of Law took home the 2019 Arnup Cup, qualifying the team to represent Ontario at next month's Sopinka Cup. The winning team consists of Lakehead Law students Amanda Gallo, Austin Nix, Phaedra Olinyk and Nathan Wainwright, as well as Coach Kimberly Gagan.

https://www.lakeheadu.ca/about/news-and-events/news/archive/2019/node/50463

For those students concerned about a lack of brand recognition associated with Lakehead in the world of law, let this stand as proof that Lakehead Law students can compete with students from even the most recognized schools in Ontario (including Queen's, and the two teams sent by Osgoode Hall). This is just the beginning!

- Orange

(Full disclosure; I'm not currently a student at Bora Laskin. But, I have been admitted and intend to accept. See you all in the fall!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBloodOrange said:

Hi Folks,

This news is a couple weeks old, but I thought it would be nice to share with you all!

Lakehead's Bora Laskin Faculty of Law took home the 2019 Arnup Cup, qualifying the team to represent Ontario at next month's Sopinka Cup. The winning team consists of Lakehead Law students Amanda Gallo, Austin Nix, Phaedra Olinyk and Nathan Wainwright, as well as Coach Kimberly Gagan.

https://www.lakeheadu.ca/about/news-and-events/news/archive/2019/node/50463

For those students concerned about a lack of brand recognition associated with Lakehead in the world of law, let this stand as proof that Lakehead Law students can compete with students from even the most recognized schools in Ontario (including Queen's, and the two teams sent by Osgoode Hall). This is just the beginning!

- Orange

(Full disclosure; I'm not currently a student at Bora Laskin. But, I have been admitted and intend to accept. See you all in the fall!)

It is great to see Lakehead competing with these other more established schools! Gives me hope that their IPC program is really as effective as many people claim. 

• Like 2