Sign in to follow this  
LuckyCommander

Under Evaluation

6 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Mine did too! Guess they were truthful in telling you that it may not be ranked this year! 

This is terrifying lol, mine is still Ender Evaluation which leaves me worried.

Edited by prelaw321
  • Like 2

I just received this e-mail from ComLaw:

Good day (x),

Thanks for this email. It's not abnormal that you haven't heard back since evaluations aren’t closed yet.

Unfortunately it is not possible to give a specific timeline as to when one's admissions decision will be delivered.
This is due to the rolling nature of the admissions process, and applicants are contacted as soon as a decision is made by the committee. Once a decision has been made, you will be contacted via email and invited to check your application status in your uoZone account.

You will receive feedback wether you are accepted, refused or waitlisted by the the end of this month (another 1-2 weeks). This is not a firm deadline. It's a prospective deadline.

Kind regards,

Safia Houd

Agente Principale, cheminement et opérations scolaires  |  Senior Officer, Academic Development and Operations of the Common Law Section

30 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Sorry about your rejection. Did you receive an email or did it update on Uozone? I'm asking because I'm still under evaluation. 

Uozone. No email yet. They will send out the email within 2 business days after seeing the rejection on the home page. 

38 minutes ago, prelaw321 said:

This is terrifying lol, mine is still Ender Evaluation which leaves me worried.

33 minutes ago, uocrim said:

I'm still under evaluation which is scaring me....

Have you guys been updated yet? Just keep refreshing Uozone. 

I haven't been yet...this is driving me crazy and especially given that even if I am waitlisted it isn't numbered!!

• Sad 2

I thought I would add my two cents since I called in earlier today. My application has also been "under evaluation" since November 8th. Anyways, I spoke to a lady on who phone who told me that the acceptances have not all gone out neither have all the waitlist requests. She also said that it is normal as far the wait time due to the high number of applicants.

I am also pretty low on the "hopeful scale" on getting in at this point. Best of luck to those still waiting.

Edited by mapledrank
  • Sad 2

Did she provide any information as to whether or not more rejections will be sent out? Thanks for the update!

1 minute ago, uocrim said:

Did she provide any information as to whether or not more rejections will be sent out? Thanks for the update!

She didn't answer outright but from what I gathered during our call it seems that, yes, rejections have also not been sent out completely either since acceptances and waitlists are also not done.  I just seems like they legit have not gone through a bunch of the applications.

• Like 4

So I was going through the old waitlist threads and it looks like most of the waitlist numbers came out on June 29th in 2017 (it was earlier last year in 2018) but some people did not receive their numbers until after July 4th the date that provisional acceptances became firm in 2017; however, they still were considered for Ottawa and given a rank number after that date. Maybe this will calm some of you in the same position this year. 

• Thanks 1

I'm still under evaluation as well...maybe more waitlist spots going out today?

8 minutes ago, uocrim said:

I'm still under evaluation as well...maybe more waitlist spots going out today?

Hoping so, if nothing goes out today I'll be furious lol this is getting ridiculous...

The delusional part of my brain is holding on to the idea that there will still be a few more acceptances

• Like 1

I tried to call Adcomm earlier today but was just put to voicemail. I have a feeling they're not answering calls right now because they're hectically trying to finish sorting applications. Or maybe they're just sick of all the inquires. 

1 minute ago, penguinh said:

I tried to call Adcomm earlier today but was just put to voicemail. I have a feeling they're not answering calls right now because they're hectically trying to finish sorting applications. Or maybe they're just sick of all the inquires. 

Probably both!

I just hope they don't leave some of us without an answer for the long weekend! 

• Like 2