Sign in to follow this  
LuckyCommander

Under Evaluation

@capitalttruth honestly, is this a joke? They specifically told me that the waitlist would be coming out at the start of June. At this point, we'll likely hear back from queen's (good or bad) before Ottawa.

I specifically love how their admissions website said they hoped to make all decisions by the end of May. When I called they said the start of June because they are behind. Now they are saying the end of June?! If it's not even numbered, then that task should be even simpler. How long is the waitlist for Ottawa? If it's like three hundred people, then the waitlist is essentially meaningless.

3 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

@capitalttruth honestly, is this a joke? They specifically told me that the waitlist would be coming out at the start of June. At this point, we'll likely hear back from queen's (good or bad) before Ottawa.

I specifically love how their admissions website said they hoped to make all decisions by the end of May. When I called they said the start of June because they are behind. Now they are saying the end of June?! If it's not even numbered, then that task should be even simpler. How long is the waitlist for Ottawa? If it's like three hundred people, then the waitlist is essentially meaningless.

The waitlist has been 300 or 300+ in previous years, but they've still ranked it and sent out offers to the top 75-100 or so. None of this makes sense.

@capitalttruth That's what I mean. A numbered waitlist at least provided people with an opportunity to assess the probability of admittance based on historical data. An unnumbered waitlist of 300 people does not provide any valuable insight whatsoever and just prolongs a mass sense of anxiety and total uncertainty. At least Queen's waitlist is relatively short.

4 minutes ago, ForensicAnthropology said:

Just shut up and wait for a response, everyone

I’m accepted and not waiting like they are, but if I was waiting and my entire life was on hold with the complications that come with that, I’d feel the exact same way. And so would you. So your response is entirely unnecessary and ignorant. 

• Like 5

Just now, MB350 said:

I’m accepted and not waiting like they are, but if I was waiting and my entire life was on hold with the complications that come with that, I’d feel the exact same way. And so would you. So your response is entirely unnecessary and ignorant. 

ok

52 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

NOW they're saying there may not be any rankings at all this year. 

You can't make this stuff up. It's like they're coming up with new and more creative reasons to fuck with us.

If that's true, a waitlist without a ranking totally changes everything, and leaves me in an even more precarious position. 

I'm so distraught right now I don't even know what to do. Why would they release a waitlist without a ranking if they've done it that way for the past 5 years?

this makes me feel like im on MTV's Punk'd.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

NOW they're saying there may not be any rankings at all this year. 

You can't make this stuff up. It's like they're coming up with new and more creative reasons to fuck with us.

If that's true, a waitlist without a ranking totally changes everything, and leaves me in an even more precarious position. 

I'm so distraught right now I don't even know what to do. Why would they release a waitlist without a ranking if they've done it that way for the past 5 years?

This just seems so strange to me. They must be ranking the waitlist internally right? Or else how would they decide who to send acceptances to? And if it is already ranked internally why not release the ranked waitlist? I also keep hearing that they intend to send out more acceptances throughout June but the acceptance thread has been silent for weeks. There might just be some communication issues in the admissions office.

To me it seems as if they are either:

a) very behind this cycle
b) attempting to reduce the class size from prior years
c) as bad administratively as people say on this forum
d) all of the above

Did my ungrad at uOttawa and confirm that the administration can be a huge headache. Like a solid 90% of the time if you aren’t consistently pressuring them to get things done! 

• Sad 1

Anyone call and ask for updates on the waitlist? Still need to confirm what the woman told me on the phone last Friday was not part of an elaborate hoax.

Keep calling them and soliciting info!

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Sad 2

On 6/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, capitalttruth said:

Anyone call and ask for updates on the waitlist? Still need to confirm what the woman told me on the phone last Friday was not part of an elaborate hoax.

all i've been hearing is general and vague responses.. very disappointed

On 6/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, capitalttruth said:

Called a bunch of times this morning and never had someone pick up...

Does anyone have any updates? Is the class full yet? How many spots this year? Last year they started the waitlist in April :(

I emailed today asking when we would be notified about the waitlist and I got a response saying they didn’t have this information and if we are waitlisted we will automatically be notified by email. 

And the waiting game continues. 

11 minutes ago, JD2019 said:

I emailed today asking when we would be notified about the waitlist and I got a response saying they didn’t have this information and if we are waitlisted we will automatically be notified by email. 

And the waiting game continues. 

😕 So is the class full now? No more acceptances, just waitlist and rejections now? 

2 minutes ago, penguinh said:

😕 So is the class full now? No more acceptances, just waitlist and rejections now? 

That is literally all they said, the email was super vague :( sorry I don’t have more to tell you 

1 minute ago, JD2019 said:

That is literally all they said, the email was super vague :( sorry I don’t have more to tell you 

It's ok, thanks for the update! Guess all we can really do is wait at this point. I have a feeling most of us waiting are going to be put on the waitlist. 

I'm so sick of this shit. I hope these admin people get exposed for the incompetents they are. 

Something has to change.

Edited by capitalttruth

So I called today and they told me that I could expect to hear back anytime between today and the end of this month (lol) but that there are still acceptances left!