LuckyCommander

Under Evaluation

17 hours ago, LegalQueen96 said:

I got really bored today so decided to look up the spots left to help people out with the waiting since by now deposits should have been paid and people should have picked their courses.

Public and Constitutional Law Small Group:

Chen, Pal, and Kirkup: 0

St. Lewis: 1

Criminal Law:

Hodgson, Rich, Cairns, Gilbert: 0

Torts:

Collins (x2), Hecht, Currie, Feldthusen, Carsley: 0

Chartrand: 15

Yun Liew: 4

So it looks like there is a maximum of 20 spots left if you assume everyone who has accepted and paid their deposit has picked their courses. 

Thanks for posting this. Would you provide an update at some later time? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Any news? Anyone still Under Evaluation? 

I am still under evaluation. I've given up hope for this cycle but am still really interested in seeing how long it will take to get any response from Ottawa at all.

• Confused 1

i dont really know what to make of this application process. its very tough to figure out what is going on with very little movement in about 3 weeks now other than a few rejections that have gone out the past few fridays

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HopefulLawStu said:

I am still under evaluation. I've given up hope for this cycle but am still really interested in seeing how long it will take to get any response from Ottawa at all.

Have you tried sending them an email? They said everyone's status should have been updated last week. 

I have also lost hope. Ottawa Law was my number one choice but the blatant disregard for applicants has really turned me off the school. If I am re-applying next year with my competitive scores I think Ottawa will no longer be my top choice. 😥 This whole process has really made me lose my respect for Ottawa's admission committee. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/29/2019 at 1:26 PM, penguinh said:

Have you tried sending them an email? They said everyone's status should have been updated last week. 

Everytime i send an email i get told that my file will be updated within a week. Its been months. Has everyone else been moved from Under Evaluation?

On 7/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, AZBrick said:

Thanks for posting this. Would you provide an update at some later time? 

As of this morning there are 14 spots left in Chartrand's Torts and the rest are full!

• Thanks 4

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist in the last month? I consider it a long shot to get in at this point, I've already started working on my application for next year. But it is incredibly strange that there has only been a handful of waitlist offers this year when in previous years there have been 75-100. I wonder whats the difference this year.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I recently contacted someone from admissions. They said the waitlist is unpredictable and Ottawa will continue to admit until the end of August, but it is "not likely to move that much until then."

I know this isn't ground-breaking information, but I interpret this to mean they expect movement nonetheless.

I know many of us turned down offers in lieu of a potential offer from Ottawa, but hang tight! ^_^

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Kawhestay said:

Hi all,

I recently contacted someone from admissions. They said the waitlist is unpredictable and Ottawa will continue to admit until the end of August, but it is "not likely to move that much until then."

I know this isn't ground-breaking information, but I interpret this to mean they expect movement nonetheless.

I know many of us turned down offers in lieu of a potential offer from Ottawa, but hang tight! ^_^

It hasn't moved at all for the past month 😞 (at least not for those of us on this forum)

I just checked the course openings again and Prof. Chartrand has 10 spots open, the rest of the 16 small groups are all full. So it looks like there is a max of 10 people left to be admitted, but that does not factor in how many people have accepted and not selected their small group yet.

Sorry guys!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, capitalttruth said:

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist in the last month? I consider it a long shot to get in at this point, I've already started working on my application for next year. But it is incredibly strange that there has only been a handful of waitlist offers this year when in previous years there have been 75-100. I wonder whats the difference this year.

Ottawa is so weird this year.

• Like 1