35 minutes ago, CatLady said:

My status just changed but I did not receive an email! I’m on the unnumbered waitlist as well. Please check people! 

OMG... I know that you have very competitive stats, which are much better than mine. Personally, I can never understand why you have not been accepted to any Ontario law schools yet. I wish you get in your preferred law school although I do not know what your top choices are.  

53 minutes ago, prelaw321 said:

Anyone else still 'Under Evaluation' with me? Seems like I'm apart of a shrinking minority. 

Right here with you pal :( 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, SneakySuspect said:

There are 16 blocs to choose from. 

Of 4 public/constitutional small group sections, 3 appear to be full. There are:

• 8 seats open with Prof. St. Lewis

All 4 criminal blocks appear to be full.

Of 8 torts small group sections, 4 appear to be full. There are:

• 11 seats open with Prof. Liew
  • 6 seats open with Prof. Currie
  • 18 seats open with Prof. Chartrand
  • 2 seats open without a prof listed, but I think it's Prof. Carsley

Should be easy to cross-reference this list with the 16 blocs linked above to figure out which timetables appear to be available.

Thanks for the information, SneakySuspect!

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was reviewing the courses, with the information you provided. Since Criminal Law (12031) is a mandatory course, and all 4 blocks are full, is it reasonable to assume that everyone who received an offer of admission, at the very least, paid their deposit/enrolled? I'd imagine there is enough space in those courses for each person who received an acceptance. Which leads me to believe there will be minimal movement on the waitlist?

6 minutes ago, Kawhestay said:

I was reviewing the courses, with the information you provided. Since Criminal Law (12031) is a mandatory course, and all 4 blocks are full, is it reasonable to assume that everyone who received an offer of admission, at the very least, paid their deposit/enrolled? I'd imagine there is enough space in those courses for each person who received an acceptance. Which leads me to believe there will be minimal movement on the waitlist?

Each of the ones SneakySuspect listed are the small groups as when you select courses you only pick your small group and thematic. So those who take public law or torts as a small group will take criminal law as a large group. So the spaces above are a rough estimate of the spots left, and just means that the people who are accepted and pay their deposits now cannot do their small group as criminal law and so instead will take the course as a large group. So in total, if all those spots are open, there are still 45 spots left for people to register in courses. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, LegalQueen96 said:

Each of the ones SneakySuspect listed are the small groups as when you select courses you only pick your small group and thematic. So those who take public law or torts as a small group will take criminal law as a large group. So the spaces above are a rough estimate of the spots left, and just means that the people who are accepted and pay their deposits now cannot do their small group as criminal law and so instead will take the course as a large group. So in total, if all those spots are open, there are still 45 spots left for people to register in courses. 

Awesome, thank you LegalQueen 96!

I had a feeling I was missing something big, thanks for clearing that up.

I hope for many of you still waiting this provides at least some relief.

Admitted today!! My application status was "under evaluation" and changed directly to "admitted". There's definitely hope guys, just sit tight!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kawhestay said:

4 hours ago, LegalQueen96 said:

@Kawhestay, to add to what @LegalQueen96 said, if you look at the 16 blocs (ie timetables) that were originally available, blocs 5 through 8 (the 4 blocs with Criminal law as the small section) appear to be full and no longer available.

But criminal law is offered in each of the 16 blocs. Like LQ96 said, it just means you'll take it in a large class. 

My original post said there appears to be 8 seats open in Prof. St Lewis' public/constitutional small group, which is bloc 2. If you open bloc 2's timetable, you'll see criminal law is one of your classes. 

You can figure out what the other 4 available timetables are by opening up the timetables for blocs 9 through 16 (all the torts ones) and looking for the 4 that have the torts profs I listed above. Those four timetables, in addition to bloc 2, appear to have seats available.

But as LQ96 responded to my post that listed the small group sections with open seats, those numbers aren't exactly reliable and you should expect there to be fewer seats open than what's listed.

Edited by SneakySuspect
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, uOttawa2022 said:

Admitted today!! My application status was "under evaluation" and changed directly to "admitted". There's definitely hope guys, just sit tight!

Wow CONGRATS! I know this must be a rare case but definitely gives me some hope, thanks for sharing. Hopefully more of us will have as similar fate!

Just now, uocrim said:

Anyone under evaluation hear anything today?

No. Those two words are burned into my brain at this point 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, YoungGlass said:

No. Those two words are burned into my brain at this point 

😂 Ironically I'm waiting for "Unnumbered Waitlist" to turn back into "Under Evaluation" (the status before "Admitted")

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, uocrim said:

Anyone under evaluation hear anything today?

Nope. sucks :( 

just got an email saying my status changed on uozone but I can't check it!! the under evaluation box is no longer there--does anyone know how to check their status on uozone without it? 

19 minutes ago, sey said:

just got an email saying my status changed on uozone but I can't check it!! the under evaluation box is no longer there--does anyone know how to check their status on uozone without it? 

I got the same email about 20 mins ago and cannot log into uozone,  but im sensing rejection at this point especially based on the time they sent email.. hope im wrong =/ 

I was placed onto the waitlist today- thought I would let you guys know there was some movement 

I'm sorry to post again but I am getting a bit freaked out. Seems like all or most of the remaining decisions have gone out, yet I am still under evaluation. Do you think it's possible that they forgot about my application? Is anyone else still under evaluation as well?

14 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

I'm sorry to post again but I am getting a bit freaked out. Seems like all or most of the remaining decisions have gone out, yet I am still under evaluation. Do you think it's possible that they forgot about my application? Is anyone else still under evaluation as well?

Oh wow. If I were you I would call or email just to check. 

23 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

I am still under evaluation and know some others that are as well. It is concerning but you are not alone. Would still contact them though.

• Like 1