Jump to content

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, CatLady said:

My status just changed but I did not receive an email! I’m on the unnumbered waitlist as well. Please check people! 

OMG... I know that you have very competitive stats, which are much better than mine. Personally, I can never understand why you have not been accepted to any Ontario law schools yet. I wish you get in your preferred law school although I do not know what your top choices are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, prelaw321 said:

Anyone else still 'Under Evaluation' with me? Seems like I'm apart of a shrinking minority. 

Right here with you pal :( 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, SneakySuspect said:

There are 16 blocs to choose from. 

Of 4 public/constitutional small group sections, 3 appear to be full. There are:

  • 8 seats open with Prof. St. Lewis

All 4 criminal blocks appear to be full.

Of 8 torts small group sections, 4 appear to be full. There are:

  • 11 seats open with Prof. Liew
  • 6 seats open with Prof. Currie
  • 18 seats open with Prof. Chartrand
  • 2 seats open without a prof listed, but I think it's Prof. Carsley

Should be easy to cross-reference this list with the 16 blocs linked above to figure out which timetables appear to be available.

 

 

Thanks for the information, SneakySuspect!

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was reviewing the courses, with the information you provided. Since Criminal Law (12031) is a mandatory course, and all 4 blocks are full, is it reasonable to assume that everyone who received an offer of admission, at the very least, paid their deposit/enrolled? I'd imagine there is enough space in those courses for each person who received an acceptance. Which leads me to believe there will be minimal movement on the waitlist?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kawhestay said:

Thanks for the information, SneakySuspect!

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was reviewing the courses, with the information you provided. Since Criminal Law (12031) is a mandatory course, and all 4 blocks are full, is it reasonable to assume that everyone who received an offer of admission, at the very least, paid their deposit/enrolled? I'd imagine there is enough space in those courses for each person who received an acceptance. Which leads me to believe there will be minimal movement on the waitlist?

 

Each of the ones SneakySuspect listed are the small groups as when you select courses you only pick your small group and thematic. So those who take public law or torts as a small group will take criminal law as a large group. So the spaces above are a rough estimate of the spots left, and just means that the people who are accepted and pay their deposits now cannot do their small group as criminal law and so instead will take the course as a large group. So in total, if all those spots are open, there are still 45 spots left for people to register in courses. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegalQueen96 said:

Each of the ones SneakySuspect listed are the small groups as when you select courses you only pick your small group and thematic. So those who take public law or torts as a small group will take criminal law as a large group. So the spaces above are a rough estimate of the spots left, and just means that the people who are accepted and pay their deposits now cannot do their small group as criminal law and so instead will take the course as a large group. So in total, if all those spots are open, there are still 45 spots left for people to register in courses. 

Awesome, thank you LegalQueen 96!

I had a feeling I was missing something big, thanks for clearing that up.

I hope for many of you still waiting this provides at least some relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admitted today!! My application status was "under evaluation" and changed directly to "admitted". There's definitely hope guys, just sit tight!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kawhestay said:

Thanks for the information, SneakySuspect!

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was reviewing the courses, with the information you provided. Since Criminal Law (12031) is a mandatory course, and all 4 blocks are full, is it reasonable to assume that everyone who received an offer of admission, at the very least, paid their deposit/enrolled? I'd imagine there is enough space in those courses for each person who received an acceptance. Which leads me to believe there will be minimal movement on the waitlist?

 

4 hours ago, LegalQueen96 said:

Each of the ones SneakySuspect listed are the small groups as when you select courses you only pick your small group and thematic. So those who take public law or torts as a small group will take criminal law as a large group. So the spaces above are a rough estimate of the spots left, and just means that the people who are accepted and pay their deposits now cannot do their small group as criminal law and so instead will take the course as a large group. So in total, if all those spots are open, there are still 45 spots left for people to register in courses. 

@Kawhestay, to add to what @LegalQueen96 said, if you look at the 16 blocs (ie timetables) that were originally available, blocs 5 through 8 (the 4 blocs with Criminal law as the small section) appear to be full and no longer available.

But criminal law is offered in each of the 16 blocs. Like LQ96 said, it just means you'll take it in a large class. 

My original post said there appears to be 8 seats open in Prof. St Lewis' public/constitutional small group, which is bloc 2. If you open bloc 2's timetable, you'll see criminal law is one of your classes. 

You can figure out what the other 4 available timetables are by opening up the timetables for blocs 9 through 16 (all the torts ones) and looking for the 4 that have the torts profs I listed above. Those four timetables, in addition to bloc 2, appear to have seats available.

But as LQ96 responded to my post that listed the small group sections with open seats, those numbers aren't exactly reliable and you should expect there to be fewer seats open than what's listed.

Edited by SneakySuspect
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, uOttawa2022 said:

Admitted today!! My application status was "under evaluation" and changed directly to "admitted". There's definitely hope guys, just sit tight!

Wow CONGRATS! I know this must be a rare case but definitely gives me some hope, thanks for sharing. Hopefully more of us will have as similar fate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, uocrim said:

Anyone under evaluation hear anything today?

No. Those two words are burned into my brain at this point 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoungGlass said:

No. Those two words are burned into my brain at this point 

😂 Ironically I'm waiting for "Unnumbered Waitlist" to turn back into "Under Evaluation" (the status before "Admitted")

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, uocrim said:

Anyone under evaluation hear anything today?

Nope. sucks :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got an email saying my status changed on uozone but I can't check it!! the under evaluation box is no longer there--does anyone know how to check their status on uozone without it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sey said:

just got an email saying my status changed on uozone but I can't check it!! the under evaluation box is no longer there--does anyone know how to check their status on uozone without it? 

I got the same email about 20 mins ago and cannot log into uozone,  but im sensing rejection at this point especially based on the time they sent email.. hope im wrong =/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was placed onto the waitlist today- thought I would let you guys know there was some movement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to post again but I am getting a bit freaked out. Seems like all or most of the remaining decisions have gone out, yet I am still under evaluation. Do you think it's possible that they forgot about my application? Is anyone else still under evaluation as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

I'm sorry to post again but I am getting a bit freaked out. Seems like all or most of the remaining decisions have gone out, yet I am still under evaluation. Do you think it's possible that they forgot about my application? Is anyone else still under evaluation as well?

Oh wow. If I were you I would call or email just to check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

I'm sorry to post again but I am getting a bit freaked out. Seems like all or most of the remaining decisions have gone out, yet I am still under evaluation. Do you think it's possible that they forgot about my application? Is anyone else still under evaluation as well?

I am still under evaluation and know some others that are as well. It is concerning but you are not alone. Would still contact them though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • hey! I am a 2L looking for a roommate. Message me if interested.
    • US JD Books  Property principles and policies third edition Legal writing and Research: ALWD 6th edition An advocate persuades A lawyer rights third edition Canadian JD Books Learning Canadian Criminal Law 14th edition  Canadian Constitutional Law 5th edition Property Law Case and Commentary 3rd edition  Contracts: Cases and Commentaries 10th edition Pick up in Windsor or I will be in Toronto next week.   
    • Choosing a school/program specifically to minimize one's chances of getting rejected from law school is not worth it, in my opinion. OP, if you do plan on going into business at U of A though, you should still look into the various leadership opportunities, case competitions, internships, and possibly the PRIME Program. Not because U of A law would be impressed by them, but because undergrad should be much more than just a pre-law program.  That being said, discrete math might be a course you would be interested in since it can be helpful for the LSAT. 
    • My OASIS updated on July 19th saying I’ve been removed from the waitlist due to accepting another offer. Bummed my Osgoode dreams are over but grateful to be going to law school. Wishing everyone still on the waitlist all the best  my fingers are crossed for you! Hopefully this opens another spot for you all. 
    • Has anyone lived in the single Laurier residence rooms for 1L? I just want to live on campus and due to the meal plan. 
×
×
  • Create New...