Sign in to follow this  
LuckyCommander

Under Evaluation

I'm still under evaluation as well! I'm hoping that we hear something this week...

• Like 2

User mottlaw just posted that they just got accepted off of Ottawa's waitlist today in the Accepted thread. First waitlist movement of this cycle! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

How can they be already taking people off the waitlist when a bunch of us are still under evaluation?!

The same thing actually happened last year too. 

I'm still under evaluation too. Would like to hear back some time this week or the next lol.

Edited by CorpClerk13

Doesn't it seem odd that admissions said people "Under evaluation" had their applications evaluated but were just awaiting the status change when they were able to change people on the "Unnumbered waitlist"'s status to "Under evaluation" and then "Accepted" all within a few hours... The problem definitely isn't that the system "hasn't updated" yet. It's that they don't know what to do with the people still "Under Evaluation" or perhaps they STILL haven't reviewed their applications yet. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Doesn't it seem odd that admissions said people "Under evaluation" had their applications evaluated but were just awaiting the status change when they were able to change people on the "Unnumbered waitlist"'s status to "Under evaluation" and then "Accepted" all within a few hours... The problem definitely isn't that the system "hasn't updated" yet. It's that they don't know what to do with the people still "Under Evaluation" or perhaps they STILL haven't reviewed their applications yet. 

Thanks for your insight! This seems fairly accurate.

22 minutes ago, penguinh said:

They definitely have reviewed everyone’s applications. No one’s application has simply been “missed” or not looked at. People who are still under evaluation are under evaluation because they are not sure if you are going to be rejected or waitlisted yet. They have to wait to see how many spots begin to open up based people accepting/rejecting their offers/waitlists and if everyone is accepting there is no sense in moving people to the waitlist if there is not going to be enough room.  If you haven’t heard a response yet, welcome to the game of applying to law school! Many schools with waitlists have applicants put on and then never hear anything afterwards so there really isn’t a point in freaking out over the waitlist!

3 minutes ago, legalgirl said:

They definitely have reviewed everyone’s applications. No one’s application has simply been “missed” or not looked at. People who are still under evaluation are under evaluation because they are not sure if you are going to be rejected or waitlisted yet. They have to wait to see how many spots begin to open up based people accepting/rejecting their offers/waitlists and if everyone is accepting there is no sense in moving people to the waitlist if there is not going to be enough room.  If you haven’t heard a response yet, welcome to the game of applying to law school! Many schools with waitlists have applicants put on and then never hear anything afterwards so there really isn’t a point in freaking out over the waitlist!

You can't say "definitely" unless you're on the adcomm committee lol there's always a chance. Also they had 77/298 on the waitlist receive offers last year. That's 221 waitlisted applicants with no offers. I doubt Ottawa cares about there not being enough room- there's no max limit to the waitlist. 

It is not fair to say that if you haven't received a response yet, welcome to the game of applying to law school. Everyone has received a response from every other law school by now. It is 5 days past the OLSAS deadline. This is unprecedented- even in previous Ottawa admission cycles. 

There is undoubtedly more security having heard back and put on the waitlist now than being still under evaluation even if you end up not receiving an offer from the waitlist. 

1 minute ago, legalgirl said:

what a helpful post (jk) 🙄🙄

I am not an applicant this year- but at this point, it does make sense to be upset/anxious for a response. There is no way to know what they are really doing, and it is super weird for them to claim that they just haven't updated the statuses. It is also clearly brutal that they decided, unlike other years, to have an unnumbered waitlist. If that's the 'game' of applying to law school, its undeniable that the game should be improved. Very unfair for people who are 'under evaluation' and had to forgo their provisional acceptance (or confirm it) without knowing where they actually stand in UO's admission. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WindsorHopeful said:

what a helpful post (jk) 🙄🙄

I am not an applicant this year- but at this point, it does make sense to be upset/anxious for a response. There is no way to know what they are really doing, and it is super weird for them to claim that they just haven't updated the statuses. It is also clearly brutal that they decided, unlike other years, to have an unnumbered waitlist. If that's the 'game' of applying to law school, its undeniable that the game should be improved. Very unfair for people who are 'under evaluation' and had to forgo their provisional acceptance (or confirm it) without knowing where they actually stand in UO's admission. 

definitely didn’t mean to upset anyone or not be helpful! it just doesn’t make sense to start freaking out about uottawa not having reviewed your file yet when they LIKELY have (can’t say anything with confidence i guess) but I didn’t mean to make it worse! just wanted anxious applicants to know they have been looked at, and the movement for those still under evaluation is based on other people’s acceptances/rejections (as it is with every school)! i’m just saying it’s moving from one maybe to another form of maybe might not be worth bashing the faculty over! and based on the responses to my post i can tell that people on here aren’t exactly opening to hearing anything but their own perception of what is an acceptable response to their questions/anxieties! i’m already going into my second year so i’m not losing/gaining anything from posting, just literally wanted to try and ease some minds about the state of their apps! but i’ll keep quiet from now on! best of luck! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uocrim said:

Anyone else still under evaluation and losing their mind?

Same here.... you know what makes this worse? The fact that even if by some miracle we do get in last minute we still have to find decent places to live that are affordable which, requires time. We won't even be able to enjoy the fact that we got in without getting stressed out all over again about where we are going to live :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, LawHopeful6 said:

Same here.... you know what makes this worse? The fact that even if by some miracle we do get in last minute we still have to find decent places to live that are affordable which, requires time. We won't even be able to enjoy the fact that we got in without getting stressed out all over again about where we are going to live :( 

I know....I happen to live in Ottawa so I realize I'm in a "better" spot than some but it's also a matter of giving work enough notice, registering for classes etc. and what should be a happy time will be extremely stressful 

1 hour ago, uocrim said:

Anyone else still under evaluation and losing their mind?

Yep! and I have no idea what I'm supposed to expect at this point.

Surely if we were being rejected, they would've sent it by now? As they have to other applicants in this cycle...Is the assumption that we have no chance of being accepted? 

• Confused 1

My status just changed but I did not receive an email! I’m on the unnumbered waitlist as well. Please check people! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gammarays said:

Waitlisted today (received email to check uozone), cGPA 3.3, LSAT 168

1 minute ago, CatLady said:

My portal says I was waitlisted today too. 

I think the fact that those "under evaluation" have been waitlisted is good news! Must mean there is some movement in the waitlist pool/ more spots opened up!

• Like 1

Anyone else still 'Under Evaluation' with me? Seems like I'm apart of a shrinking minority. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, prelaw321 said:

Anyone else still 'Under Evaluation' with me? Seems like I'm apart of a shrinking minority. 

I still am