Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't understand why I'm still under evaluation if they have already made decisions/reviewed everyone. How long does it take to just update "waitlisted" or "rejected"...? This is absurd. They told me I would hear back during the first week of June at the latest when I called. It's now July and nothing. Why did they even bother saying that? How were they so incapable of estimating the completion of file reviews? Also, why is there absolutely no consistency to what each admissions person is saying?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a shitshow this really is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

I don't understand why I'm still under evaluation if they have already made decisions/reviewed everyone. How long does it take to just update "waitlisted" or "rejected"...? This is absurd. They told me I would hear back during the first week of June at the latest when I called. It's now July and nothing. Why did they even bother saying that? How were they so incapable of estimating the completion of file reviews? Also, why is there absolutely no consistency to what each admissions person is saying?

😭 All the email responses are from the same admissions person.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they might just be waiting now for people to accept/decline offers and then they will see how many more people can be placed on the waitlist? I'm also still under evaluation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uocrim said:

I think they might just be waiting now for people to accept/decline offers and then they will see how many more people can be placed on the waitlist? I'm also still under evaluation 

That makes more sense than any of the responses admissions have given us so far. But at the same time why not just put everyone on the waitlist now so people don't have to worry and wonder what's going on with their application? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, penguinh said:

That makes more sense than any of the responses admissions have given us so far. But at the same time why not just put everyone on the waitlist now so people don't have to worry and wonder what's going on with their application? 

Yeah I'm not sure, what worries me is that they've made a waitlist and we're basically on standby and will only be placed on the waitlist if they have enough spots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, uocrim said:

I think they might just be waiting now for people to accept/decline offers and then they will see how many more people can be placed on the waitlist? I'm also still under evaluation 

the overly-optimistic part of my brain is hoping that those still in limbo may be still being considered for acceptances in place of those who decline their offers lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I firmly accepted another school, Ottawa sent me a refusal days after. I’m not sure if it’s because I had firmly accepted or if it was coming anyways. Every other school had “withdrawn” or some variation of that. That just makes me think that Ottawa’s system is a bit odd. 

P.S. even though I’m not in the running for Ottawa I’m very invested in this forum lol.  Good luck everyone! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still under evaluation :p I guess if what the others are saying is true then I'll probably get waitlisted or refused as well *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takes these stats with a grain of salt but this is what I found: 

2019:
-10 users posted on this forum about being waitlisted 
-first waitlist post: June 27 

2018:   
-30+ users posted for a waitlist
-first waitlist post: May 11 
-77 were ultimately accepted out of the 298 (#78 was rejected) 


2017:
-27~ users posted 
-first waitlist post: April 26
-155 was accepted (user last posted acceptance was #50/71 on the updated list, original ranking was out of 176)

I'm thinking this year the waitlist is much smaller or perhaps this forum is less popular now lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m still under evaluation and that’s because I didn’t provisionally accept anywhere. It’s terrible but at least everyone else who did receive an offer is going somewhere.. I do believe that people who were not reviewed should be** entitled to more than just a refund. This is messed up. 

Edited by CatLady
Sorry typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the response I got:

Please note that all applications have been reviewed, but are pending file updates. Yes, it is true that we have a small team, but all admission offers for fall 2019 were sent out. At this time, all remaining applications are either 'waitlisted' or 'rejected', in any case, we have yet to update each applicants file and many more to be added on our waitlist for fall 2019.

I hope that helps to clarify. All the best!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ottawa is cancelled I'm not applying next round

 

jk i still would but like Ottawa pisses me off

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who were accepted, if you are willing, could you please review the available enrollment spaces for a mandatory course?

This would provide some insight (as little as it may be) for those of us on the waitlist, since it will probably take Ottawa a little longer to make offers for at least some available seats. I'm aware we won't know our ranks, but at this point every little bit helps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all so confusing. What does that mean for people on the waitlist then? I don't understand the point of keeping people "Under Evaluation", unless they might be added to the waitlist? Unless what they are saying is that they just haven't had the time to update the status of everyone's file... But it seems like that could be done in a few hours?

I really feel for those of you who haven't heard any updates yet. The waitlist is hard enough, so I can't imagine how frustrating it is to have heard NOTHING. Thinking of all of you!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, Kawhestay said:

For those who were accepted, if you are willing, could you please review the available enrollment spaces for a mandatory course?

There are 16 blocs to choose from. 

Of 4 public/constitutional small group sections, 3 appear to be full. There are:

  • 8 seats open with Prof. St. Lewis

All 4 criminal blocks appear to be full.

Of 8 torts small group sections, 4 appear to be full. There are:

  • 11 seats open with Prof. Liew
  • 6 seats open with Prof. Currie
  • 18 seats open with Prof. Chartrand
  • 2 seats open without a prof listed, but I think it's Prof. Carsley

Should be easy to cross-reference this list with the 16 blocs linked above to figure out which timetables appear to be available.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, SneakySuspect said:

There are 16 blocs to choose from. 

Of 4 public/constitutional small group sections, 3 appear to be full. There are:

  • 8 seats open with Prof. St. Lewis

All 4 criminal blocks appear to be full.

Of 8 torts small group sections, 4 appear to be full. There are:

  • 11 seats open with Prof. Liew
  • 6 seats open with Prof. Currie
  • 18 seats open with Prof. Chartrand
  • 2 seats open without a prof listed, but I think it's Prof. Carsley

Should be easy to cross-reference this list with the 16 blocs linked above to figure out which timetables appear to be available.

 

 

Just a small note, I would take these numbers as slightly inaccurate. Students can only select classes once their deposit has been paid and accepted by UOttawa (otherwise you cannot even access the registration section). So there are likely students who have accepted and paid and are waiting for the ability to select courses once the school accepts their deposits.

Edited by LegalQueen96
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LegalQueen96 said:

Just a small note, I would take these numbers as slightly inaccurate. Students can only select classes once their deposit has been paid and accepted by UOttawa (otherwise you cannot even access the registration section). So there are likely students who have accepted and paid and are waiting for the ability to select courses once the school accepts their deposits.

Yeah, I agree and @Kawhestay seemed to recognize in their request that the numbers wouldn't be entirely reliable. Just offering what was asked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SneakySuspect said:

There are 16 blocs to choose from. 

Of 4 public/constitutional small group sections, 3 appear to be full. There are:

  • 8 seats open with Prof. St. Lewis

All 4 criminal blocks appear to be full.

Of 8 torts small group sections, 4 appear to be full. There are:

  • 11 seats open with Prof. Liew
  • 6 seats open with Prof. Currie
  • 18 seats open with Prof. Chartrand
  • 2 seats open without a prof listed, but I think it's Prof. Carsley

Should be easy to cross-reference this list with the 16 blocs linked above to figure out which timetables appear to be available.

 

 

Oof taking into account that some students just haven't registered yet, it looks like there will not be a lot of movement in the waitlist this year. The class is really full. 

Are some of you STILL under evaluation? 

Edited by penguinh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Oof taking into account that some students just haven't registered yet, it looks like there will not be a lot of movement in the waitlist this year. The class is really full. 

Are some of you STILL under evaluation? 

I'm still under evaluation....

This is starting to get ridiculous, from what I understand decisions have been made on everyone's files they just haven't updated the accounts to reflect the decision. Seriously, how long does it take to just make one change on our accounts?!

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...