Jump to content
LuckyCommander

Under Evaluation

Recommended Posts

Same. I emailed admissions for an update and they responded:

 

Thank you for your interest in our Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.

We do not provide any status of the application by phone or by email.


Please log in to your uOzone account to verify the current status of your application to our Law School.

If you are having troubles to log in to your account, please contact the IT Support Desk for assistance.

Please note that the Admission Committee is working on a rolling basis and will contact you once your application is reviewed and a decision is made. 

 

However, we do not provide the applicants with any timeline.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Isabellas said:

Same. I emailed admissions for an update and they responded:

 

Thank you for your interest in our Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.

We do not provide any status of the application by phone or by email.


Please log in to your uOzone account to verify the current status of your application to our Law School.

If you are having troubles to log in to your account, please contact the IT Support Desk for assistance.

Please note that the Admission Committee is working on a rolling basis and will contact you once your application is reviewed and a decision is made. 

 

However, we do not provide the applicants with any timeline.

 

Ahahaha. So they told you pretty much nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LuckyCommander said:

Ahahaha. So they told you pretty much nothing?

Looks like it to me! Haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, SlickRick said:

It will say under evaluation the entire time until a decision is made. Worry not.

So is it safe to assume that as long as it says under evaluation you haven’t been outright rejected yet? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I wrong to assume that they're going to give out acceptances first and to the ones they won't accept they just kind of leave the application under evaluation until rejections go out??? I'm getting extremely nervous here,  been under evaluation since November also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

So is it safe to assume that as long as it says under evaluation you haven’t been outright rejected yet? 

Basically.

31 minutes ago, hellofuturejdhopeful said:

Am I wrong to assume that they're going to give out acceptances first and to the ones they won't accept they just kind of leave the application under evaluation until rejections go out??? I'm getting extremely nervous here,  been under evaluation since November also.

If the adcom finished all of their acceptances and you are still under evaluation then that leaves you with either a waitlist or reject. Furthermore, if you get waitlisted, you can go to accepted or rejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CrimNation said:

If the adcom finished all of their acceptances and you are still under evaluation then that leaves you with either a waitlist or reject. Furthermore, if you get waitlisted, you can go to accepted or rejected.

Yes, but it's impossible to know when the adcom finishes their acceptances (unless they divulge that information, I guess...), and by the looks of the activity in the "Accepted" thread, there are still people getting offers. Therefore @Hopefullawapplicant and @hellofuturejdhopeful shouldn't despair. (I'm in the same boat - "Under Review" since my November LSAT score was received. It's frustrating, but don't panic!)

Edited by CaptainHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainHolt said:

Yes, but it's impossible to know when the adcom finishes their acceptances (unless they divulge that information, I guess...), and by the looks of the activity in the "Accepted" thread, there are still people getting offers. Therefore @Hopefullawapplicant and @hellofuturejdhopeful shouldn't despair. (I'm in the same boat - "Under Review" since my November LSAT score was received. It's frustrating, but don't panic!)

Yeah but even in regards to last year, we're getting late in the cycle. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but it's definitely not reassuring. I'm still under eval too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpaceLawyer said:

Yeah but even in regards to last year, we're getting late in the cycle. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but it's definitely not reassuring. I'm still under eval too. 

Yes, exactly. Oh well, time to get in shape for reapplying and start reviewing conditional reasoning for lsat round 2 :) :) :) :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptainHolt said:

Yes, but it's impossible to know when the adcom finishes their acceptances (unless they divulge that information, I guess...), and by the looks of the activity in the "Accepted" thread, there are still people getting offers. Therefore @Hopefullawapplicant and @hellofuturejdhopeful shouldn't despair. (I'm in the same boat - "Under Review" since my November LSAT score was received. It's frustrating, but don't panic!)

The class gets full by May usually. That’s when they also start the waitlists. The Waitlist then goes from either accepted or rejected depending on how many drop their acceptance offers, reject their Waitlist offers, etc...By the time the Waitlist is over and classes begin, and you still have not received an offer, then your Waitlist will change to “Refused” automatically. At least that’s what happened last year. Before last year they wouldn’t notify you that you got rejected. You just didn’t get in and it is up to you to reapply or not. 

 

2 hours ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

Yes, exactly. Oh well, time to get in shape for reapplying and start reviewing conditional reasoning for lsat round 2 :) :) :) :) 

I mean it’s not that bad but ok. This mentality should come in if you got rejected or if you are still a far number on the Waitlist by the end of August (generally a 100+). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone who took the Jan lsat had their file updated to show that? mine says it hasn't been updated since December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 1234JD said:

Has anyone who took the Jan lsat had their file updated to show that? mine says it hasn't been updated since December.

On OLSAS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! To anyone who has been accepted earlier on: when is your deadline to accept? This might give us an idea of when those waiting might hear back. Thank you!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • I don't see a lot of UofC Associates or Articling Students in Toronto at all, but there's certainly Windsor grads at every large firm. I also wouldn't place my hopes on getting into Big Law in Calgary and then lateraling over either - that's a lot of steps that have to go correctly. Getting Calgary BigLaw isn't a lay-up in and of itself. I would say go to Windsor and network, get good summaries and work your butt off in 1L and try to get grades in the top quarter of your class. 
    • Bit of an odd-duck here.    B2: 78% LSAT: 157 (one write) Sask Connection: Step-father is ex-law lecturer at UofS and Queen’s Bench and I served as president of the University of Regina Student’ Union for two elected terms.    Will these connection items help??
    • hey thanks! this is a good perspective. yeah I am open to biglaw in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, but ideally would like to end up in Toronto. I know about Windsor having low placement rates, so I guess my question is whether to risk the low placement rate but be in Ontario, or risk being out of province but have the Calgary market open to me. I don't really want to stay in Calgary longer than I have to.
    • The categorization of those firms was in response to the list in the original post, and not intended to identify tiers of law firms. BLG, Dentons, and probably McCarthy's should be in the larger firm bracket for the Calgary market.
    • Family law practitioner here, here are my 2 cents. First, losing a case does not make someone a terrible lawyer, having a terrible grade in a course does not make you an incompetent law student. We all have off days - I call it "didn't think the right thoughts in the right moment." Second, what you learn in law school barely scratches the surface of what you will do in practice. Family law in particular is very "experience-centered" and requires you to be in the middle of the action. Third, in practice, rarely are you forced under pressure of time to write out a coherent contract. The affidavits, pleadings, and contracts I draft sometimes have 12-15 revisions. You will likely need to draft a Minutes of Settlement in court under time constraints and that gets better with practice. When I am invited to sit with my manager to screen potential candidates, we look for: grit (having thick skin and tenacity to manage demanding family law clients), general passion for the area, past experience in the field, reasons why he or she chose family law, ability to communicate ideas and experience clearly, personality, awareness of professional pitfalls and liability issues, and general mannerism. If you are asked a pointed question about a particular grade, just admit that you did not do well on the 100 percent exam. I prefer honesty.  

×
×
  • Create New...