RickyBubbles01

Refused Fall 2019

erinl2

Let's restrict these Rejected/Refused threads in the same way as the Accepted threads, please. No extraneous discussion, which you can take to PM or to a new thread. Thank you.

Message added by erinl2

1 hour ago, HOPEFULshould said:

I am definitely screwed

Nah, I wouldn't say that. My LORs, PS, and ECs weren't very good so you could definitely have a great chance of admission despite a lower GPA and LSAT score than mine. Also, I'm only done two years of university so far so I think that definitely counted against me. 

2 minutes ago, RickyBubbles01 said:

Nah, I wouldn't say that. My LORs, PS, and ECs weren't very good so you could definitely have a great chance of admission despite a lower GPA and LSAT score than mine. Also, I'm only done two years of university so far so I think that definitely counted against me. 

I really think it's the fact that you've only done two years. You need to be truly exceptional to get in a year early. Your stats are great, and if you maintain that GPA and apply when you're closer to finishing undergrad you're very likely in

1 minute ago, NavAcid said:

I really think it's the fact that you've only done two years. You need to be truly exceptional to get in a year early. Your stats are great, and if you maintain that GPA and apply when you're closer to finishing undergrad you're very likely in

You're probably right. The rejection letter they sent me didn't say much beyond telling me to apply again next cycle. 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, RickyBubbles01 said:

I guess I might as well start this thread. 

LSAT: 167

GPA: 3.86

LOR: One good, one bad

PS: Mediocre at best. 

How do u know what your letter of recommendation was like? I suggest when you reapply next year you make sure it is 2 profs who know and love you. If you need any help I got in this cycle! PM me (that goes for any other refused who would like to reapply)

• Like 1

Please, no further extraneous discussion. PM or another thread. Thank you.

Sadly I have to add myself to this list. I checked minerva in the early afternoon today and saw 'refused' as my application status. 

GPA: 3.6 from McGill 

LSAT: 162

EC: Really Good

In my opinion, LOR and PS are too hard to self evaluate. 

So I'm sad to have to also add myself to this list but I was refused this afternoon.

GPA: 3.9 from McGill

No LSAT

EC: Really good
and in my opinion my LOR's and Personal Statement was strong. Don't really understand this refusal but oh well.

Posted (edited)

Refused last week.

GPA: 3.7 from McGill. No LSAT. Good ECs. 

My PS was good, but maybe too tailored to meet the expectations of the admissions policy. 

Based on the referees' attitudes, I think that 1 LOR was strong and the other was ordinary. Regarding the ordinary one, I was too last minute to ask a more enthusiastic professor. 

I also had had an extenuating circumstances letter with medical documentation to address many withdrawals. My opinion is that the letter helped because the withdrawals needed to be addressed, but the fact that this period was towards the end of the degree (U2-U3) may have been interpreted as unresolved. 

Oddly enough, I felt a strong sense of relief with this rejection and I'm excited to start a 2 year M.A. in Fall on a topic I'm passionate about. I think that rationally it made sense to me to do the law degree now because studying law is relevant for the career I'm pursuing (non-traditional), but I had an attitude of getting done with it as soon as possible and I'm glad I was refused because I was going to ignore the fact that this attitude is not optimal and choose law school now anyway. 

I decided to study law part-time (certificate) at another university while completing the graduate degree, which will allow me to know if the benefits of studying law are valuable enough to do a whole degree after. If I end up applying again for Fall 2021, I will write the LSAT and consider applying to other law schools.

Edited by BaKhin

On 2/22/2019 at 7:15 PM, HOPEFULshould said:

It;s shocking they rejected you with these stats, I am definitely screwed

..you are not alone in that feeling