Sign in to follow this  
IWantJD

I'm going to need to retake the LSAT help!!

Hi friends,

The last time I took the LSAT in July I was so anxious i made myself physically ill and walked into the exam with a bad cold. It was hard to breathe 1) because of the anxiety, and 2) because i'm sure there was actual fluid in my lungs. I managed to get a 156 first write, not horrible but not great either. the problem is with my stats. My Cgpa according to OLSAS is 3.05, and i calculated B3 at 3.31 and L2 at 3.28. so overall not competitive at all. Now i have applied to TRU, UofC, UofS, Windsor, Osgoode, Western, Ottawa, UNB, and Lakehead. Because some of these schools are holistic... and you just never know I am praying for a miracle. I do need to start being realistic, and get myself out of the depression i have been in for the last few months. I tried powerscore and kaplan... did not love them. I am thinking of getting a private tutor combined with 7sage? I would appreciate all and any advice! Law is what i want to do and i will eventually get there by any means necessary... even if that means going abroad. ( I'm not willing to give up on Canada just yet though) 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, IWantJD said:

also, im applying general category

I scored 156 in both the December 2017 and February 2018 LSAT after self-studying with online resources and practice tests.

I enrolled in LSATMax and dedicated one month to studying for the June 2018 LSAT and scored 163. I've been accepted to TRU and UofM and am waiting to hear from a few others 😊

I liked the mix of online questions and print books with LSATMax. The course is arranged to be self-paced but in a particular order that really worked for me. That said, a friend of mine did Kaplan and scored 162... so it's really individual. 

Feel free to PM me - I know it's hard to see the 170's and 3.9's posting their scores and acceptances but just remember that a ton of us on here have been fighting to achieve our goals and you are absolutely not alone in this! 

• Like 2

I am a fan of 7Sage. That was all I used for my LSAT prep. PM me if you have questions about it or my LSAT prep.

• Like 3

Your LSAT score would not be bad if you had a higher gpa. With your L2 GPA you would likely need mid-high 160’s to even be considered (and even then not certain for admission). Instead on focusing on LSAT is there anyway you can improve your GPA? Maybe even by taking an extra year of easy courses?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 8:09 AM, law19 said:

Your LSAT score would not be bad if you had a higher gpa. With your L2 GPA you would likely need mid-high 160’s to even be considered (and even then not certain for admission). Instead on focusing on LSAT is there anyway you can improve your GPA? Maybe even by taking an extra year of easy courses?

unfortunately i've already graduated... i should have just stayed in school for longer.. regretting that decision now :( 

7 minutes ago, IWantJD said:

unfortunately i've already graduated... i should have just stayed in school for longer.. regretting that decision now :( 

It is better to be graduated.

You can register as a non-degree student after graduation and upgrade your cGPA and L2. Most law schools count them into your cGPA and L2.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, IWantJD said:

Schools will still consider classes taken post graduation as an unclassified student, provided they are upper year. I did this to knock  an exchange semester out of L2 

Edited by AJD19

I did the Powerscore books, like six of them, and yes it did teach me some stuff but it didn't quite take me where I needed to go. I did the 7Sage course online this summer while working full time when it was time to really buckle down for my sitting this past fall and it was awesome. The course is broken up nicely to be able to study with any free time you have - honestly 20 minutes was enough to sit down and do some. It's very analytic based so it really helps you hone in on what needs work and provides you with a lot of reassurance of the questions/sections you're doing well on - you might be surprised by what you do well on despite not feeling confident about it. I'd do the 7Sage course honestly, it was competitively priced compared to books and had phenomenal resources. Between the comments section at the bottom of every lesson where students could help eachother and post alternative explanations and all the analytics it really helped me clean up my act and get me prepared. JY, the instructor, also finds a way to make it interesting which really helped it suck less for the two months I studied lol

• Like 3

On 2/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, AJD19 said:

Schools will still consider classes taken post graduation as an unclassified student, provided they are upper year. I did this to knock  an exchange semester out of L2 

seriously??? this might really help me, where can i find more information?

36 minutes ago, IWantJD said:

seriously??? this might really help me, where can i find more information?

I havnt been on school websites in a while, some may have some information on this. I applied to basically every school in canada and all schools considered my classes taken after graduation. You could call any prospective schools to confirm. 

On 2/25/2019 at 1:02 PM, NeverGiveUp said:

It is better to be graduated.

You can register as a non-degree student after graduation and upgrade your cGPA and L2. Most law schools count them into your cGPA and L2.

I actually did this to improve my cGPA while studying for my LSAT. It didn't make a HUGE difference as I only took 4 courses, but it helped. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, IWantJD said:

Hi friends,

The last time I took the LSAT in July I was so anxious i made myself physically ill and walked into the exam with a bad cold. It was hard to breathe 1) because of the anxiety, and 2) because i'm sure there was actual fluid in my lungs. I managed to get a 156 first write, not horrible but not great either. the problem is with my stats. My Cgpa according to OLSAS is 3.05, and i calculated B3 at 3.31 and L2 at 3.28. so overall not competitive at all. Now i have applied to TRU, UofC, UofS, Windsor, Osgoode, Western, Ottawa, UNB, and Lakehead. Because some of these schools are holistic... and you just never know I am praying for a miracle. I do need to start being realistic, and get myself out of the depression i have been in for the last few months. I tried powerscore and kaplan... did not love them. I am thinking of getting a private tutor combined with 7sage? I would appreciate all and any advice! Law is what i want to do and i will eventually get there by any means necessary... even if that means going abroad. ( I'm not willing to give up on Canada just yet though) 

Thanks!

Try THE LSAT Trainer or Manhattan for LR / RC. 

Try 7Sage for LG. They have free videos on YouTube on fool proofing! :) 

Also, I'd recommend taking your time. Really try to understand your mistakes after every PT so you can avoid them in the future.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, IWantJD said:

Hi friends,

Thanks!

Also, I'd recommend using PT 52 and up since their questions will be fairly similar to what you will see on test day :) 

• Like 1