stqust

Access to PSLOC right away?

I received mine right away. My Scotia rep called the admissions office and verified my enrollment himself. It was around April if I recall correctly. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:50 PM, stqust said:

You can't get proof of enrolment until like August, right?

Depends on the school and the year of the program

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, bigfudge2017 said:

Idk what to tell you then because I do have access, and I guess my rep messed up 

Exactly this

10 hours ago, WannaBeBanker said:

Exactly this

Like I guess but obviously I’m not the only one with this as evidenced by others responses in this thread so it may not be such a hard and fast rule

8 hours ago, bigfudge2017 said:

Like I guess but obviously I’m not the only one with this as evidenced by others responses in this thread so it may not be such a hard and fast rule

just wanted to clarify that I’m not arguing that I know better than you, just that I guess I’m not the only one who’s rep messed up 😅

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 3:28 AM, bigfudge2017 said:

I can guarantee you that it is a hard and fast rule, at least at Scotiabank. There can be multiple people not doing their jobs properly out there out of the hundreds++ that do these, and I'm not saying it is their fault either. Anyways, it's nothing major.

Everyone should go in with the expectation that they do not get access to the line of credit until they can provide a proof of enrollment. Thos that do just got "lucky" if you wanna look at it that way, such as you. 😀

Edited by WannaBeBanker
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, WannaBeBanker said:

I can guarantee you that it is a hard and fast rule, at least at Scotiabank. There can be multiple people not doing their jobs properly out there out of the hundreds++ that do these, and I'm not saying it is their fault either. Anyways, it's nothing major.

Everyone should go in with the expectation that they do not get access to the line of credit until they can provide a proof of enrollment. Thos that do just got "lucky" if you wanna look at it that way, such as you. 😀

makes sense :) thanks! Since you certainly know more about this i guess I'll go ahead and ask you. do you think if i was to draw on that LOC now, even though technically i shouldnt be able to, would that be a problem? 

i certainly dont anticipate using it, but in case of emergency. 

16 hours ago, bigfudge2017 said:

makes sense :) thanks! Since you certainly know more about this i guess I'll go ahead and ask you. do you think if i was to draw on that LOC now, even though technically i shouldnt be able to, would that be a problem? 

i certainly dont anticipate using it, but in case of emergency. 

Not a problem at all, if it's available to you there's no harm in using it.

TD gave me all my approvals right away and promised me access to my funds yesterday. I followed up with them and suddenly they are now saying that they can't do that until I can provide verification documents for my enrollment. 

Just an FYI that TD might promise immediate access but they don't seem to follow through. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pazerudael said:

TD gave me all my approvals right away and promised me access to my funds yesterday. I followed up with them and suddenly they are now saying that they can't do that until I can provide verification documents for my enrollment. 

Just an FYI that TD might promise immediate access but they don't seem to follow through. 

Honestly, this has nothing to do with TD as a bank, and everything to do with the person you dealt with. I can't stress how important it is to deal with someone who is dedicated to these plans, as opposed to someone who may see a handful of these in their careers. I wish there was an easier way to communicate that to all incoming law students or anyone else looking for these plans.

Also, go to Scotiabank, "they're" better. 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1