Sign in to follow this  
usrockband

Not sure where I stand (cGPA: 3.07 L2: 3.72 LSAT: 164)

As in title... I know my cGPA is pretty weak. My L2, L3 (I did 5 years) and LSAT are all ok I think... I’ve only written the LSAT once.

L2 is 3.76 on 4.3 scale.

Mostly interested in Dal, UofO and Western, but I’m honestly not overly fussed; would consider anywhere within Canada. I don’t think I would qualify for access, so applying general.

What do you all think? Thank you in advance 🙂

Edited by usrockband

If your ECs and references are decent, I think you have a good shot at Dal and Western. Ottawa seems more focussed on cGPA, but you probably have a decent shot there as well.

Ah good point; I’m pretty confident in my PS and references. EC’s are nothing to write home about, but decent I think.

Yeah I’m assuming my odds are lowest at Ottawa of those three, but I don’t really know.

Appreciate the input 🙂

Edited by usrockband

3 hours ago, usrockband said:

As in title... I know my cGPA is pretty weak. My L2, L3 (I did 5 years) and LSAT are all ok I think... I’ve only written the LSAT once.

L2 is 3.76 on 4.3 scale.

Mostly interested in Dal, UofO and Western, but I’m honestly not overly fussed; would consider anywhere within Canada. I don’t think I would qualify for access, so applying general.

What do you all think? Thank you in advance 🙂

you only dropped .04 converting 3.76/4.3 to Olsas?

1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

you only dropped .04 converting 3.76/4.3 to Olsas?

I didn’t convert to or from OLSAS for 4.3; I used my transcript and converted my grades directly to 4.3 using the weighted scale guide on Dal’s website (I only converted the grades from my final 2 years). But yeah that’s what I ended up getting.

I think it’s because I have a good number of “A” grades; which increase in weighted value by a decent amount on the 4.3 scale, as opposed to “A-“ or “B+“ grades.

Edited by usrockband

Hi usrockband, 

I recommend using the site lawapplicants.ca run by Ryn and inputting your grades to determine your OLSAS cGPA. It was a great diagnostic tool for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usrockband said:

I didn’t convert to or from OLSAS for 4.3; I used my transcript and converted my grades directly to 4.3 using the weighted scale guide on Dal’s website (I only converted the grades from my final 2 years). But yeah that’s what I ended up getting.

I think it’s because I have a good number of “A” grades; which increase in weighted value by a decent amount on the 4.3 scale, as opposed to “A-“ or “B+“ grades.

Your OLSAS cGPA and L2 may not be what you think

51 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Your OLSAS cGPA and L2 may not be what you think

They are. That number is straight from my OLSAS portal. First 2 years are pretty rough. Last 3 are a significant difference. I spent more time than I care to admit putting together a spreadsheet based on my transcript to give me all of these numbers and confirm the OLSAS assessment haha.

Edited by usrockband

UOttawa doesn't do L2 as much as Queens and Western.

You should apply to Queens next cycle. Western might accept you as well.

3 hours ago, mazzystar said:

UOttawa doesn't do L2 as much as Queens and Western.

You should apply to Queens next cycle. Western might accept you as well.

Didn’t realize Queen’s did L2. Definitely good to know!