• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hey guys, i am a fourth year student at University of Toronto, St. George and ill be graduating at the June 2019 convocation. Im taking a year off to make some money for tuition and such but i wanted to get an idea of my chances with my numbers/background. I had a rough first two years with some family issues (medical) which took a toll on me. since second year ive had a solid upward trend with my grades not falling below an 80. My CGPA is a 3.01 and L2 is a 3.7, with a few low to mid 90s. I am writing the July LSAT and my PTs are in the 163-167 range right now. I have solid ECs -- tons of volunteer work (a bunch with indigenous services), two internships (finance and law firm), board member at u of t pre-law and editor on the law journal, was the head of a student run philanthropic group. Two solid references (two profs, one at the U of T law school).  Wondering if my first two years will hinder me from getting into schools in Canada. Right now im looking at Western, Queens, Osgoode, Dal, UBC, Windsor. I know some look at/emphasize your last two years but i wanted to get a perspective from you guys.
    • Very much this. Do not think that because you know a bit about logic or that you have experience that you will do well on the LSAT. Everyone (EVERYONE) is able to improve their score through study and practice, so take at least a couple months before you write it and learn the sections and timing and you will do much better.
    • I think I need to be clearer: I’m not doing the US dual thing. I’m studying at a school in Toronto and getting an additional Masters which turns out to be not that much more expensive than just doing the straight JD due to scholarships. I figured that if finding a legal job does not work out, at least it will help me branch out into the other discipline. I was under the impression that adding a masters to my degree wouldn’t affect my chances at a law job, especially not just a summer one. I really do want a legal job though, even if it isn’t “high paying”. My undergrad grades were pretty good too, in fact they usually comment on them in interviews.  The school I go to has “top” students so I’m average amongst pretty brilliant people. My peers are definitely not “below average”. I was also quite sick in 1L although I never share this during interviews or CVs... maybe I should? Usually when I tell other people how sick I was they are understanding and kind of shocked, but since my grades are fairly average I don’t want to really mention it during my interviews since I don’t really know if it affected my performance and I feel like it’s too personal. I have been doing a lot better in recovery though, so perhaps if my grades continue to get better I will mention it. I didn’t want to say which school I was in because of anonymity but I was excited going to this school because all I heard was that it had a reputation for having “top” students but at my last interview, one of the interviewers made a comment about a different school being better (because it was her law school). I didn’t take it to heart but it seriously makes me skeptical about some schools being better than others or that school is factored into consideration for interviews. I think for some interviews it might matter, but for this one it clearly didn’t.  I’m not exactly sure how to read the interviewers. I think that’s where I have the most difficulty. I can’t tell what they’re thinking or how an interview is supposed to go. I feel like everything has been standard so far: answer questions about myself, ask questions about them, usually lasts an hour or so. I’d say two or three of the interviews have been fairly conversational but no luck there either. The reason why I think it has something to do with me personally (as oppose to other applicants, etc) is because I’ve never been the most likeable person. Usually I’m quite easy to forget and I struggle to make connections that are meaningful and long-lasting. I have no way of knowing if I come off as weird or anxious during interviews... I really don’t know. I’ve asked friends and they say I’m fine. I think it I had no interviews, I wouldn’t be concerned because I’d assume it’s really competitive etc. But I have been getting interviews from a lot of the places I send in applications to, and then after the interview it’s radio silence. I’m worried it has more to do with how I present myself in interviews and the interviewers perception of me as oppose to what school I go to, what degrees I’m doing, etc. 
    • @Tigerlilly ces liens pourraient servir d’exemples pour la 1ère partie   http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/special/questionnaires/2015/culture-generale/index.html http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/special/questionnaires/2016/q2/culture-connaissances-generales/index.html
    • Famous last words...  Speaking from experience, I'd recommend ditching this mindset: not only will it hold you back from trying your absolute best, it'll just add to your frustration and anguish if your expectations don't line up with reality.  When it comes to LSAT prep, start as a blank slate, assume nothing, be ready to put in the work, and give yourself as much time as you need to prepare.