Sign in to follow this  
KJR

Chances? cGPA= 86% L2=85% LSAT=157

So I'm wondering what my chances are. I woke up to a disaster of a Jan LSAT score. 4 months of studying only to drop from last year. Looking for a reason to hope for this cycle.

Stats: cGPA: 86% L2:85% LSAT:157,155

Schools I've applied to: UofA, UofC, TRU, UVic, UBC. (GPA with drops: 4.20 for UBC and 4.3 for UVic)

Edited by KJR

Sorry to hear about your LSAT, such a disappointing feeling! I can try to share my personal opinion.

In for sure at TRU. U of C is tough to call because it’s holistic, so you could be in depending on your softs as you’re above the average GPA. U of A you’ll be in (last year there was 19 people admitted with your LSAT in the range of 150-156 and 5 with an LSAT aid 157-158). UBC doesn’t operate on a 4.3 scale, if you share your index that may be more helpful. UVic I’d also say depends on your softs- there were 3 people with LSATS in the 70-79 percentile admitted last year with your GPA- so it’s definitely a possibility. 

I think you’ll be surprised by what offers you get and to remain positive :) I also feel this cycle is a bit less competitive and more similar to 2017 than 2018 (totally my own opinion).

Best of luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion, you'll make the waitlist at UBC, but your chances from there will depend on how competitive the other applicants are. 

In one cycle, UBC plucked 90+ people off the waitlist with indexes as low as 90.9; in another, they cut anyone below a 91.5-91.6, so it's hard to tell.

Edited by Tagger

Yeah that's what I thought too. A 91.34 index is borderline, I'm not really expecting to get in but I will remain cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the opinions!

23 hours ago, KJR said:

Yeah that's what I thought too. A 91.34 index is borderline, I'm not really expecting to get in but I will remain cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the opinions!

I didn't get in with 91.3x index at UBC, but you should probably be in at a few places. 

UBC is very year dependent e.g. some cycles are tough, some are not. 

Yeah, I applied there last year with the same stats and never got off the waitlist but my cousin got in with a lower index a few years ago so I think it is dependent on the applicant pool. I am pretty sure I wont make UBC or Uvic but who knows, I may get lucky but I doubt it.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:54 AM, Tagger said:

In my opinion, you'll make the waitlist at UBC, but your chances from there will depend on how competitive the other applicants are. 

In one cycle, UBC plucked 90+ people off the waitlist with indexes as low as 90.9; in another, they cut anyone below a 91.5-91.6, so it's hard to tell.

Someone’s already been in this cycle with a 91.66 so I think it’s a bit less competitive this year (that could be different now that January results are in) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rkathleen said:

Someone’s already been in this cycle with a 91.66 so I think it’s a bit less competitive this year (that could be different now that January results are in) 

Agreed. Someone got accepted to UVic with a sub-900 index as well, the auto-admit cutoff there this year is 905 rather than 915, and there's always some overlap between the UBC and UVic applicant pools, so that's good news for BC hopefuls.

@KJR, don't count yourself out at either school just yet. You might have to wait a while, but you have a chance. Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1