Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KJR

Chances? cGPA= 86% L2=85% LSAT=157

Recommended Posts

So I'm wondering what my chances are. I woke up to a disaster of a Jan LSAT score. 4 months of studying only to drop from last year. Looking for a reason to hope for this cycle.

Stats: cGPA: 86% L2:85% LSAT:157,155

Schools I've applied to: UofA, UofC, TRU, UVic, UBC. (GPA with drops: 4.20 for UBC and 4.3 for UVic)

 

Edited by KJR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about your LSAT, such a disappointing feeling! I can try to share my personal opinion.

In for sure at TRU. U of C is tough to call because it’s holistic, so you could be in depending on your softs as you’re above the average GPA. U of A you’ll be in (last year there was 19 people admitted with your LSAT in the range of 150-156 and 5 with an LSAT aid 157-158). UBC doesn’t operate on a 4.3 scale, if you share your index that may be more helpful. UVic I’d also say depends on your softs- there were 3 people with LSATS in the 70-79 percentile admitted last year with your GPA- so it’s definitely a possibility. 

I think you’ll be surprised by what offers you get and to remain positive :) I also feel this cycle is a bit less competitive and more similar to 2017 than 2018 (totally my own opinion).

Best of luck! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, you'll make the waitlist at UBC, but your chances from there will depend on how competitive the other applicants are. 

In one cycle, UBC plucked 90+ people off the waitlist with indexes as low as 90.9; in another, they cut anyone below a 91.5-91.6, so it's hard to tell.

Edited by Tagger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's what I thought too. A 91.34 index is borderline, I'm not really expecting to get in but I will remain cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the opinions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KJR said:

Yeah that's what I thought too. A 91.34 index is borderline, I'm not really expecting to get in but I will remain cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the opinions!

I didn't get in with 91.3x index at UBC, but you should probably be in at a few places. 

UBC is very year dependent e.g. some cycles are tough, some are not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I applied there last year with the same stats and never got off the waitlist but my cousin got in with a lower index a few years ago so I think it is dependent on the applicant pool. I am pretty sure I wont make UBC or Uvic but who knows, I may get lucky but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 9:54 AM, Tagger said:

In my opinion, you'll make the waitlist at UBC, but your chances from there will depend on how competitive the other applicants are. 

In one cycle, UBC plucked 90+ people off the waitlist with indexes as low as 90.9; in another, they cut anyone below a 91.5-91.6, so it's hard to tell.

Someone’s already been in this cycle with a 91.66 so I think it’s a bit less competitive this year (that could be different now that January results are in) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkathleen said:

Someone’s already been in this cycle with a 91.66 so I think it’s a bit less competitive this year (that could be different now that January results are in) 

Agreed. Someone got accepted to UVic with a sub-900 index as well, the auto-admit cutoff there this year is 905 rather than 915, and there's always some overlap between the UBC and UVic applicant pools, so that's good news for BC hopefuls.

@KJR, don't count yourself out at either school just yet. You might have to wait a while, but you have a chance. Good luck! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Congrats on the offer! I literally have identical stats and hope to hear back soon. Would you say that you have any prominent ECs, experience or strong LORs that might have stood out?
    • I think there's no harm in continuing the job search, but I think you should be up front about your travel plans before it gets to the offer stage. It's too bad that firm pulled their offer, but telling the next firm early in the process could save everyone a lot of time. Besides, the closer you get to the date, you could possibly have the flexibility of suggesting to delay your start until you get back, if the firm thought that would work and didn't need to fill the role immediately.   
    • Est ce que quelqu'un a eu des nouvelles de Smart & Biggar ou de Robic?
    • It is no longer available (I was able to find it by Google "Osgoode Space"). Now I can only find the following: https://www.osgoode.yorku.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2018_2019-Annual-Report.pdf https://www.osgoode.yorku.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/YorkOsgoode-AnnualReport1617-final.pdf
    • I recently left my last job (resigned voluntarily) and I am getting married in the summer (June 2020) overseas and need a month off to attend my partner's hometown and have the ceremony there. I recently received an offer from a reputable firm but once I informed them about my travel plans and requiring a month off, the firm withdrew their offer.  At this point in time, I am wondering whether I should continue to look for a job (and possibly face another offer withdrawal) or whether I should pause the job search until I come back from overseas? I am very concerned about a gap on my resume for 7 months.  Any advice would help! 

×
×
  • Create New...