NorthFox

Open House Invitation

1 hour ago, agray said:

But they made us register for the event and told us to bring our ticket with us... meaning they'll be scanning the tickets with our name and stuff on it. But i hope you're right that it won't matter. lol  would suck if I ended up lowering any chance of admission  just because I could't go to their open house.

I hold events at a university and we require people to register and bring their tickets so we know who came and who didn't and what the final numbers were, not sure if it's the same process but I'm assuming it's for logistics and not to change their opinion on who gets in

• Like 1

So I know many of us have received the Open House invites through email, just out of curiosity, did everyone also receive the invitation through mail? I got a letter in the mail yesterday (was just the open house invite) but I'm wondering if everyone else who got the email did as well. 

2 hours ago, AKJ said:

So I know many of us have received the Open House invites through email, just out of curiosity, did everyone also receive the invitation through mail? I got a letter in the mail yesterday (was just the open house invite) but I'm wondering if everyone else who got the email did as well. 

I received both as well

9 hours ago, AKJ said:

I think we all received them.

Just now, LuckyCommander said:

I just got the Meet and Greet email! Should I be excited?

I got one on Friday and just now. Still waitlisted. No acceptance. 

3 hours ago, LuckyCommander said:

I just got the Meet and Greet email! Should I be excited?

My status is 'Referred- Admissions Committee' and haven't received the meet and greet email.

In light of @Socialworklaw's post, it may be the case that everyone on the waitlist received that invite.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You should be excited. I just called, they said I should be getting an offer in the next few days. It's not for waitlisted students. 

Edited by Socialworklaw
  • Like 1

To anyone that received the meet and greet emails, do you mind sharing your stats as it seems like you guys will be getting offers soon! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, AKJ said:

To anyone that received the meet and greet emails, do you mind sharing your stats as it seems like you guys will be getting offers soon! 

Cgpa: 3.05

L2: 3.81

LSAT 162

Close to 7000 hours of work experience in government social services. Some forensic mental health research. 

Edited by Socialworklaw
  • Like 1

Spoke to someone on admissions. I was accepted yesterday (when I received the email)! It just takes a few days to process.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LuckyCommander said:

Spoke to someone on admissions. I was accepted yesterday (when I received the email)! It just takes a few days to process.

When is the meet and greet event?

I am not getting any emails that everyone is talking about at all. I only received an email when my application was received and then when I got waitlisted. Is anyone else not receiving them?

20 minutes ago, AlN said:

I am not getting any emails that everyone is talking about at all. I only received an email when my application was received and then when I got waitlisted. Is anyone else not receiving them?

I’m in the same boat as you, I haven’t received any newsletter/invitation emails since I received the email acknowledging my application. I’m still pending review so it doesn’t seem likely that these emails have anything to do with the admissions process! 

8 hours ago, chiclawyer07 said:

I’m in the same boat as you, I haven’t received any newsletter/invitation emails since I received the email acknowledging my application. I’m still pending review so it doesn’t seem likely that these emails have anything to do with the admissions process! 

Okay, it’s so worrying! Thank you! Goodluck! 

• Thanks 1

I got invited to the meet and greet but when I spoke with admissions they told me that didn't change my status (waitlist). Admitted this morning so take that as you wish!

• Like 1

I received the meet and greet email on wednesday. I spoke with admissions and they said that I would be receiving an offer of admission shortly. I still haven't received it though...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pasqlaw20 said:

I received the meet and greet email on wednesday. I spoke with admissions and they said that I would be receiving an offer of admission shortly. I still haven't received it though...

It takes a few days. I was told that I was accepted on Tuesday of this week and just got the update on the UWinsite today.

5 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

It takes a few days. I was told that I was accepted on Tuesday of this week and just got the update on the UWinsite today.

Did you receive an email as well? 

Posted (edited)

I’ve been waiting for the acceptance email to post, but I also called and was told that the meet and greet email was for accepted students.

Edited by SallGoodMan